- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 4-hour guided walking food tour through the Danish town of Solvang
- Visit 9-10 fantastic locations where you will enjoy food & drink samplings
- Fun & professional guide taking you to some local hot spots
- Learn about the Danish lifestyle & discover the best comfort eats & artisan shops
- Learn foodie photo tips & tricks using your smartphone camera
- All taxes
- Departs from the meeting point at downtown Solvang (exact location upon booking confirmation)
Solvang Food & Photo TourDiscover the best places to eat in the heart of California's Danish Village of Solvang
What to Expect
Skip the tourist traps and head out with a local foodie for a fun-filled, behind-the-scenes cultural tasting of this unique Danish village. Discover the best comfort food, hidden watering holes, and artisan shops in downtown Solvang while learning about the local history and how to snap the best food shots on this 4-hour guided adventure.
Your Solvang food tour starts on Mission Drive in the heart of this Danish town and will walk you through the downtown neighbourhood streets where you will taste traditional and local artisan cuisine of Solvang and the Central Coast. Indulge in bites of traditional Danish comfort fare, fresh baked Solvang bakery goodies, and Santa Barbara County wines plus sample artisan goods.
Along the way, you’ll get immersed in the local culture as you learn about the unique history and Danish lifestyle. Discover the restaurants, bars and wineries that are favourites with the locals and hear interesting stories about each place you’ll visit.
Learn easy-to-shoot photo tips from your pro tour guide and take your foodie photo skills to the next level using your smartphone’s camera app. By the end of your tour, you’ll be eating like a local and shooting like a pro!
Some of the amazing venues you may visit are described below.
- Bit O Denmark: Traditional Danish fare in Solvang’s oldest restaurant
- High Roller Tiki Lounge: Speakeasy-style wine cocktail lounge inspired by Disney
- Ingeborg's: Danish chocolate shop stocked with handcrafted, traditional & rare chocolates
- Copenhagen Sausage Garden: Outdoor beer garden that specialises in family-made sausages
- Solvang Spice Merchant: Colourful spice shop featuring premium spices, teas, salts, sugars & gifts
- Los Olivos Olive Oil Company: Locally harvested olive oils as well as unique balsamic vinegar in a shared wine tasting room
- Peasant’s Feast: Dive into flavourful seasonal dishes with locally sourced ingredients
- Crawford Family Wines: Micro boutique winery featuring locally grown French & Spanish varietals
- Olsen’s Bakery: European cookies, jams & treats are the focus of this old-world bakery
- Cailloux Cheese Shop: European-style specialty food & cheese shop
- Twenty Mile Wine: Indulge in premium wines grown in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
- Solvang Restaurant: Charming family-style restaurant featuring THE best aebleskivers
Frequently Asked Questions
- An appetite! This tour is more than enough for lunch.
- Please dress comfortably for walking & according to the forecast - we operate rain or shine!
- Bring your smartphone to capture the beautiful meals we will enjoy.
Gratuities are greatly appreciated by your tour guides who are still paying off their student loans, although not mandatory. The standard gratuity in the service industry is 15%-20%.
On our Solvang Food Tour, we taste a range of traditional Danish to modern and artisan foods. We will sip still wines, spirits, and craft beers, with our pinkies in the air. And at the end of our food tour, sit back, relax, and let the sweet eclectic goodness wash over you. Seriously. Let it. It is so good.
Oh yes, ma’am…er, sir! Our food tour includes tasting various wines, spirits, and beers. You are also welcome to bring a bottle of water with you, although regular drinking water is provided at every place we visit.
For underage participants, there are no substitution tastings available at the breweries and they will be skipping out on any wine tastings, which is why there is a reduced price for attendees under 21 or non-drinkers.
Well, it is a walking tour….so plan on doing just that. Both tours cover approximately 1-ish miles over a 3-4-hour period.
The food tour is conducted at a relaxed pace and stops frequently with optional seating at most places, spending approximately 15-20 minutes at each of the designated tasting spots.
Of course, we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes….you know…for walking around in. Comfortably.
They absolutely are! However, some of our food and wine venues are a bit on the small side. So, we recommend taking a weekday tour when our groups are smaller and the venues are less crowded to allow for a more comfortable tour experience.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to start time
- Please advise us of any dietary restrictions you may have prior to booking so we can aim to accommodate most needs. However, please note, we may not be able to accommodate shellfish or vegan/strict vegetarian dietary restrictions. This tour is also NOT suitable for celiac restrictions
- Suitable for all fitness levels
- Cancellations with 48 hours or more notice will be refunded in the form of open-dated account credit
- No partial credits or rescheduling is allowed for partial attendance, no shows, or late arrivals (Full refunds may not apply to tickets bought via a third-party site)
- Customers will be offered a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
Reviews for Solvang Food & Photo Tour
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely