- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full-day guided tasting tour through the Cairns Tablelands, visiting up to six unique venues & sampling the region's finest produce
- Lunch at Mungalli Dairy Cafe overlooking Queensland's highest mountain Bartle Frere
- Generous wine, spirit, fruit, dairy products & beer tastings
- Light morning tea at Rainforest Heart
- Hotel pick-ups & drop-offs in the Cairns City area
- Dedicated, knowledgeable local guide
- Intimate small-group experience
Where we visit
- Local fruit orchard - Rainforest Heart
- Mungalli Dairy Cafe
- Crater Lakes Coffee
- Mt. Uncle Distillery
- De Brueys Boutique Winery
- Macalisters Brewing Co
What to Expect
Take your tastebuds on a full-day guided adventure through the heart of beautiful Cairns Tablelands, one of Australia's most thriving agricultural areas, to indulge in some of the region's finest produce. See the contrasting landscape and taste native, tropical fruits, organic wines, small-batch spirits, high-altitude Tablelands coffee, dairy produce and craft beer on this small-group foodie tour, supporting the best local businesses. Visit up to six unique venues and enjoy a decadent lunch at Mungalli Dairy Cafe, made from their biodynamic dairy products and locally sourced organic produce, as well as a light morning tea at Rainforest Heart.
Taste native Australian fruits
First up is an exclusive visit to a local fruit orchard Rainforest Heart. Learn about and taste the native fruit, listen to the history of the first settlers, how they lived with the local indigenous community and hear the story of why the owners have chosen to grow native rainforest species. The drive is an adventure in itself as you will travel deep into the valley, surrounded by lush rainforest. You may get the opportunity to taste their plum tea, native kombucha or a sweet fortified plum wine, all made with locally grown native ingredients.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at a Biodynamic Organic Farm and sample Australia's highest altitude coffee
Discover Mungalli Dairy Cafe, situated in the original farm house, for an introduction to Mungalli’s biodynamic and organic dairy products. Enjoy a delicious tasting platter and lunch with a spectacular view over the rolling hills of the Tablelands and Queensland’s highest mountain, Mt. Bartle Frere. Get the chance to try Australia's highest altitude coffee at the plantation of Crater Lakes Coffee, set within the amazing Crater Lakes National Park. Meet Lucy the passionate owner and coffee grower, and hear about her fascinating story.
Visit a micro-distillery and taste some of their premium local spirits
Once you get your organic coffee fix, it is time to taste some amazing North Queensland gin, vodka, whisky and rum at Mt. Uncle Distillery. Established in 2001, Mt. Uncle Distillery is one of the region’s premier distilleries. It sources its ingredients from its own farm as well as other local Atherton Tablelands farmers to produce award-winning spirits and liqueurs.
Enjoy the views while sampling award-winning tropical wines
The next stop on the itinerary is De Brueys Boutique Winery, located just outside of Mareeba. On the drive to De Brueys, enjoy the landscape of the Cairns Highlands, passing by small towns of the Atherton Tablelands. De Brueys is a boutique winery established in the late 90’s and produces award-winning fruit wines, showcasing the local fruit grown in the Mareeba area, for you to sample while you soak in the views.
Finish the day at a brewery for a paddle of craft beer
After a hard day of tasting amazing local products, you have earned a beer, or two. Your final stop is one of Cairns’ premier microbreweries, Macalister Brewing Co. Established in 2017, Macalister Brewery Co is a hidden gem located in one of Cairns’ northern suburbs and is a favourite meeting place with the locals. Enjoy a tasting paddle of Macalister’s finest craft beers overlooking the cane fields and, possibly, have a chat with the brewer himself.
- Sometimes unexpected things happen, weather conditions, one of the venues is closed unexpectedly, the beers aren’t cold enough or one of the distillers happens to have a day off, so the above itinerary is subject to change. Should this be the case all efforts will be made to suggest a suitable alternative
- Tours run subject to a minimum of 2 persons
- Small groups, maximum 10 persons
- Tours run Fridays & Saturdays, other days on request
- Strict 48-hour cancellation policy applies
- We may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events, it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or, at our sole discretion, we will attempt to refund payment where possible depending on circumstances and availability of refund from local service suppliers and 3rd parties involved. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
Reviews for Cairns Tablelands Tasting Tour with lunch
Get Instant Confirmation