- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Full day Great Barrier Reef snorkel & dive trip
- High-quality snorkel, mask and fins
- Free snorkel tuition and guided snorkel tours
- Free 10-minute in-water introduction to scuba diving
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Freshly prepared buffet lunch including fresh tropical fruit and prawns; all prepared by our onboard chef!
- Marine life presentation by our on board Eco-certified guides
- Reef levy of $20 included in the price
Passions Of Paradise - Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
Dive, snorkel and sail the Great Barrier Reef. Get up close with giant Maori Wrasse and spot turtles in the crystal clear waters of TWO outer reefs.
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Passions of Paradise offers daily departures to the Great Barrier Reef from Cairns. We offer a two destination itinerary with our locations chosen each day from a selection of over 24 moorings on the outer Great Barrier Reef some of which include Hastings Reef (1770, Coral Gardens, Turtle Bommie, Split Bommie), Paradise Reef, Long Bommie, Milne Reef, Moore reef and more! Each day we will tailor the day’s itinerary to the weather conditions.
Activities on offer include snorkelling and scuba diving. Full snorkelling tuition is provided and our staff are on hand to offer complimentary guided tours for beginner snorkellers.
A free 10 minute in water introduction to scuba diving is offered to introductory divers. Our staff are fully trained and qualified PADI professional offering the utmost care and patience for our beginner divers. All diving can be booked and paid for on board. For more experienced divers, we also have a dedicated dive tender to allow access to deeper waters.
Lunch is served by our onboard chef which includes a selection of hot and cold buffet meats, salads, prawns and fresh tropical fruit. Vegetarians and allergies can be catered on request.
After lunch we move to our second location of the day. This location offers a second round of in-water activities at a new and diverse reef structure. Our staff is on hand again to offer assistance and guidance for both snorkellers and divers. Our day ends with the captain hoisting the sails and the cruise back to Cairns commences. Passengers can enjoy a cold refreshing drink from our fully licensed bar and relax on our boom netting. Alternatively, our passionate Eco-certified staff are on hand to offer marine life presentations.
Important Info about pickups:
Check-in commences at 7am at the Passions of Paradise desk inside the Reef Fleet terminal at Number 1 Spence Street Cairns. Upon check in our friendly staff will issue passengers with boarding cards and directions to the boat which is approximately 200 metres away. Parking is available right across the street and costs about $11 per day.
Transfers can be arranged on request directly with us before travel (extra fees apply) However, most city-centre hotels are within walking distance.
We depart at 8 am sharp and return at approx. 5pm
Scuba Dive Optional Extras: (To be paid on board the day of the tour)
- 1st Introductory Scuba Dive: $70 (no experience necessary)
- 2nd Introductory Scuba Dive: $45
- 1st Certified Scuba Dive: $75
- 2nd Certified Scuba Dive: $45 (subject to availability)
Passions Of Paradise - Outer Great Barrier Reef Day Tour
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Can I scuba dive with no experience?
Yes, you can. Anybody with general good health can enjoy the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Please note, all scuba divers must complete a dive medical questionnaire aboard the boat. Some illnesses such as asthma may preclude you from scuba diving. Please check with your doctor or our office if you have any queries.
Are there many sharks?
You may be lucky enough to see a little white or black tip reef shark pass you by as small reef sharks are common. However, they are very shy.
Do you still go out if it is raining?
Usually, the rain in Cairns tends to stick to the mountains. Cairns is in a valley and attracts fairly high rainfalls, being part of the wet tropics environment. However as our reef is 40 km’s offshore, the clouds don’t collect and the rain tends to stay away. If you wake up in the morning in Cairns and it is raining…don’t panic! It will usually be fine out at unique outer reef locations.
What if I get seasick?
If you are prone to seasickness, it is advisable to take something before you go. Check with a chemist. As Passions is a catamaran, it is a lot more stable in rough weather than monohulls and the sails act as a stabiliser. We do sell sea sickness pills on board the boat, but please remember, tablets are a preventative, not a cure, so take them just before we depart.
Do you cater for vegetarians?
Yes we do. We have five different salads, plus one of the two hot dishes is vegetarian – and for those that eat seafood – we have prawns. Other special requests are sometimes possible ….by all means ask….
What if I can't swim?
The Passions of Paradise crew will look after you. The boat has a large range of snorkel vests and buoyancy aids available for you to use, and there are two snorkel stations near our boat for you to hold on to while you build up your confidence. Our crew will also hop in the water with you until you are comfortable.
- A moderate level on fitness is required as this is an in-water based activity
- Diving is subject to the completion of a Queensland medical questionnaire on board prior to departure.
- Some medical conditions may preclude you from diving. Please call our staff for advice. Final decision rests with our qualified instructors who consider your safety our highest priority
- Minimum age for diving is 12 years with parental consent and completion of medical questionnaire
- All certified divers must provide proof of certification (ie Certification card, log book or temporary card)
- Passengers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an parent/guardian over 18 years of age
- At times it is only possible to visit one destination, due to inclement weather conditions and strong winds. the skipper will decide on the way to the reef. We will endeavour to sal as much as possible each day however the wind speed and direction determine for how long this occurs. The skipper will keep everyone informed on our sailing plans.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations or changes more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
- A full refund will be given if the Supplier cancels.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions