- Local English-speaking guide
- Food, and drinks
- Personal shopping
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn about Melbourne's history with a drink in-hand
- Try local beers, wines, and cocktails at four unique Melbourne establishments
- Check out the iconic Exhibition Buildings, Melbourne's only World Heritage site
- Discover hidden bars known only to local Melburnians
Through gold rushes and rebellions, Olympics, and royal visits, Melburnians have turned to ales, whiskeys, wines, and cocktails for comfort. Experience Melbourne's unique bar scene with a local guide and visit its unique watering holes. By the end of his tour, you'll discover that history really is better with booze as if there was ever any doubt. Starting at Melbourne's only World Heritage Site, the Exhibition Buildings, this tour includes stops at four iconic drinking Melbourne institutions. The order of the venues may change, but you will visit and have the opportunity to try concoctions from the following pit stops.
A classic Aussie pub, throwback a pot or a pint, as here’s where you’ll learn about the standard pour sizes of Victorian beers and how beer nearly led to all alcohol being banned during the gold rush. A cocktail bar, Melbourne has some of the best mixologists around, but most of them are hidden in tiny, hidden cocktail bars that survive on word of mouth alone. Visit a speakeasy-style bar and learn about how and why Melbourne’s laneway scene developed. A wine bar, with the Yarra Valley just a stone’s throw away, it would be a sin not to taste some of the delectable wines in the region. Learn how wine shaped Australia’s history and how to taste wine like a member of the social elite.
Melbourne’s bar scene is ever-changing, so the fourth bar will be chosen by your guide on the day, depending on the group’s desires, the weather, and what is trendy in Melbourne at that particular moment in time. If you’re still thirsty by the end of the tour, don’t forget to ask your local guide for some more recommendations, so you won’t have to worry about a dry mouth for the rest of your stay in Melbourne.
What to wear
Melbourne is known to have four seasons in one day please check the weather report and dress accordingly.
- Because everyone's drinking preferences and tolerances are different, rather than include drinks, we keep our tour price low and allow you to purchase drinks as you go. Most establishments accept bank cards, but there is occasionally a minimum spend. You may wish to bring cash if you want to avoid this.