- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Various tour length options
- Explore the Tantabiddi sanctuary area of Ningaloo Reef
- Discover a variety of reef fish and hard corals
- Spot turtles, sharks, rays and larger fish
- Explore the deeper waters outside of the coral garden area
- Light snack on the half-day tour
- Masks and snorkels provided
What to Expect
Ever wondered what goes on beneath the surface of Australia's west coast?
Step aboard one of these Ningaloo Reef tours and dive into the magic of this underwater wonderland.
Join a small group aboard the Sub Sea Explorer, a custom built semi-submersible vessel that gives passengers a unique view of the underwater architecture and marine life from below the waterline.
It is the only semi-submersible catamaran vessel in Western Australia and operates around Tantabiddi sanctuary zone on the beautiful Ningaloo Reef.
Discover an array of corals, fish fauna and marine life in this inspirational and educational adventure - the perfect way for the family to understand the underwater ecology of the Coral Coasts.
Learn about the shipwrecks, maritime history and influence of the Leeuwin Current on the flora and fauna as you take a journey of discovery, with an excellent introduction to the area provided by two, friendly crew members.
Take the opportunity to go up on deck and keep a watchful eye out for whales breaching in the distance while you relax and enjoy the sunshine, or, go back down below and continue with the informative commentary.
1 Hour Coral Viewing Tour
Walk on and walk off the boat from the Tantabiddi jetty - without having to get your feet wet! Once the tour group has departed from the jetty and all guests are seated comfortably downstairs, crew members will introduce themselves and beginning an informative and engaging reef commentary. Its takes approximately 5-10 minutes to reach the coral gardens of the Tantabiddi Sanctuary area. A crew member will be with you throughout your tour and welcome any questions you may have regarding the reef.
2 Hour Snorkelling and Coral Viewing
Like the hour tour, the Sub Sea Explorer allows guests to walk on and walk off from the Tantabiddi jetty. Following departure, the day will begin with a reef commentary of about 30 minutes, and you'll be able to explore the coral gardens on the way out to the snorkel site. Once the tour reaches the snorkel site, there's the opportunity to snorkel for approximately 45 minutes to one hour. Once all guests are back onboard, the remaining time will be used to explore the reef in pursuit of marine animals, like turtles and sharks, before returning to the jetty.
Half Day Tour
A half-day tour is set around a two-hour snorkelling tour with the added bonus of food and an extra snorkelling opportunity. Becasue there is usually a small amount current on the Ningaloo, the second snorkel offered is a 'drift' snorkel. This means that guests have the opportunity to drift slowly with the current and are able to explore a larger amount of the reef. Guests are accompanied by a crew member in a small tender boat, while they are free to drift at their own leisure. Tea/coffee and a light refreshment is served on the top deck after the final snorkel.
Meet at Tantabiddi boat ramp, Yardie Creek Rd, North West Cape WA - approximately a 25 minute drive from Exmouth town centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sub Sea Explorer is a semi-submersible vessel, which means it has windows on the sides of the hull and allow passengers to look out at a 360 degree view underwater. On a glass bottom boat, the windows are in the floor of the hull, and have a limited range of viewing compared to the semi-submersible.
You do not need to be vaccinated for our 1 or 2 hour tours. However, you will need to provide vaccination proof for our Half-day tours.
Food is only supplied on the half day tour. You are welcome to bring your own snacks on the 1 hour and 2 hour tours.
Swimwear, water bottle, towel, camera or phone. You are welcome to bring a snack.
Reviews for Exmouth Coral Viewing & Snorkel Tours
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- Any person who is not able to join a booked departure because of a travel ban associated with COVID or, who is not able to join a booked departure because they have tested positive to COVID, or because they have had close contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID or, because they have had close contact with someone who is suspected of having contracted COVID, or because they displaying virus symptoms at the time of departure, will be offered a credit note, which can be used at a later date.
- Requests for credit as above, must be substantiated with a medical certificate.
- If a cancellation is made by The Supplier for any reason, and if the passenger has already made a purchase or part purchase of a ticket on the day and time of the cancellation, a full refund will be offered by The Supplier to the Payer. This is called a ‘Standard Refund’.
- If an alternative tour of the same value can be offered by The Supplier to the Payer, and the Payer is willing to accept an alternative tour, then The Supplier will endeavour to make the changes at no cost to the Payer.
- If a Cancellation is made by the Payer for whatever reason a cancellation fee will apply:
- 50% of the total tour price if the cancellation is made 14 days or more prior to the intended travel date and time;
- 100% of the total tour price if the cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to the intended travel date and time
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation