- Local English-speaking guide
- Sample Vietnamese Bahn mi
- Sample Sicilian cannoli
- Coffee at one of our favorite local stops
- AUD $1 per person donation to the local community organizations visited on this tour
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Transport to and from Footscray.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore the multicultural suburb of Footscray and learn about its history with migrants and refugees Try the popular and freshly made, Vietnamese street food, Bahn Mi Enjoy traditional Sicilian cannoli from this family-run store that has been in business since the 1950s Discover the strong sense of community in Footscray with a visit to the local arts center and the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Join a food-loving local guide and get to know the multicultural suburb of Footscray through its delicious food. From Vietnamese to Italian sweets, you'll taste your way through the neighborhood, learning about what makes the area so special along the way.
We begin by taking in the sights and smells of the Footscray market and taking you to our favorite view of the city that only locals know about. We pick up some traditional Vietnamese Bahn mi – a firm favorite amongst Footscray locals. We then visit a family-run Sicilian bakery to try some of their delicious signature dessert: cannoli. Hear about their history and discover the passion the locals have for their community.
You'll enjoy an amazing coffee at one of our favorite local stops and discover how Melbourne got its reputation for having some of the best coffee in the world. We'll then Venture towards the Footscray community arts center passing street art on the way and hearing tales about a local legend, Franco Cozzo. Discover indigenous artwork at the Footscray Community Arts Centre and learn about how this center supports the local community we pass the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre and political street art to hear about how migrants and refugees have helped shaped Melbourne to be what it is today.
We finish in the heart of Footscray where we will be able to give you some recommendations for lunch and other places of interest you may like to explore after the tour concludes.
Local Impact: How you taking this tour will benefit the local community:
- We will donate $1 from every person booked on this tour to the Footscray Community Arts Centre.
- On this tour, all of our food and drink stops are at local businesses in the neighborhood area of Footscray which is rarely visited by tourists
What to Wear
Comfortable walking shoes. Please be aware that Melbourne is known for having 4 seasons in a day so it is recommended to have appropriate clothing.
- We encourage sustainability and advise you to bring your own reusable water bottle and coffee cup if you have one.