- Fun, highly trained and experienced local guide
- Small friendly groups
- Door to door pick-ups and drop-offs including AirBnB/private residences within the greater Hobart area
- DVD/TV equipped bus with Tasmanian documentaries
- Free internet Wi-Fi (subject to reception)
- Drinking water (bring own bottle)
- National Park entrance fees
- Airport drop-offs (on request)
WHERE WE VISIT
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Optional Wineglass Bay Beach walk/swim
- Optional Wineglass Bay & Hazards Beach Circuit
- Honeymoon Bay / Sleepy Bay
- Cape Tourville Lookout
- Raspins Beach, Orford
- Great Eastern Drive
- Freycinet Marine Farm (fresh seafood lunch option)
- Meals are NOT included but you will make plenty of stops along the way where food and drinks can be purchased.
Why Do We Love This
We think the natural beauty you get to witness on this tour is amazing. The clear water and sandy beaches surrounded by pink granite cliffs is something otherworldly!
What to Expect
Hidden in the Freycinet National Park on Tasmania’s East Coast, Wineglass Bay is full of natural beauty. It's accessed via one of Australia’s greatest road trips, the Great Eastern Drive. One of Tasmania’s very first National Parks, Freycinet boasts dramatic pink granite mountains, secluded bays, crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches. It's also home to an abundance of native animals. You'll discover all this and more on this incredible Wineglass Bay day trip.
Pickups from 6.45am - 7.30am.
Departing from Hobart, head east before following the Great Eastern Drive north. Travel through the seaside towns of Orford, Triabunna and Swansea as you make your way towards the Freycinet National Park.
Along the way, stop to take in some of the local highlights like Raspins Beach in Orford and Spiky Bridge and The Bark Mill in Swansea.
You'll stop for lunch at either Coles Bay, or at the Freycinet Marine Farm, the choice is yours! There's a huge selection of fresh seafood available at the Freycinet Marine Farm, so if seafood is your thing - this is the place to go! If you're after something different, the Freycinet Bakery Cafe or Take Away Shop has plenty on offer, or you can visit the Iluka Tavern. Whatever you choose, be sure to also grab some drinking water because after lunch the walking begins!
The Wineglass Bay Lookout is your first destination, and the stroll here is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania. The 1.4 km walk is uphill on a rocky but well-constructed path with stone steps, and it usually takes around 45 mins to reach the top. Once you're at the top, it's time to get those magic shots of one of Tasmania’s most photographed views.
From the Lookout, you'll be given the option to return to the start of the walk with your guide, or to complete the walk down to Wineglass Bay Beach (2-hour return). There, take a well-deserved break and enjoy the famous white Wineglass Bay Beach sand between your toes. Take a short stroll on the beach, swim in the stunning clear ocean or explore the rocky shoreline - the choice is yours!
If you choose to travel back with your guide, you'll explore more of the Freycinet National Park on a series of short scenic walks. Visit Honeymoon Bay or Sleepy Bay and Cape Tourville Lookout.
After spending 4-5 hours exploring the National Park, you'll reunite with your group and jump aboard the bus again to make your way back to Hobart.
The drive home is usually spent sharing experiences and stories and celebrating your amazing day. You’ll arrive back at your accommodation between 6.30 - 7.00 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat
- Swimsuit/bathers and towel (if you want to swim)
- Suitable warm/weatherproof clothing (particularly during winter)
- A water/drinking bottle
- Any personal medications
- Snacks and Lunch (or $ to buy them)
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- A sense of fun and adventure
- Cancellation within 24 hours of a tour – 100% fee
- Cancellation within 48 hours of a tour – 50% fee
- Cancellations beyond 48 hours of tour – No fee
- If the operator cancels your tour, you can transfer the fare paid towards a tour on an alternate date or alternatively receive a full refund. Refunds will be provided where required by Australian Consumer Law.
- In circumstances where a cancellation is due to external events outside reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs.
Reviews for Wineglass Bay Day Tour From Hobart
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation