Explore the edge of the world along Tasmania’s Cradle Coast on this 5 day wilderness adventure to discover the dramatic, natural beauty of north west Tasmania
5 Day 4 Night Tarkine & Cradle Mountain Explorer Highlights
Get up to $200 cash back per person when you book with us
A 4-day Tasmanian coastal adventure that’s big on local culture and cuisine
4 nights twin-share comfortable hotel accommodation
4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, & 1 dinner
Visit the seaside town of Penguin
Explore Narawntapu National Park with its stunning plains & abundant wildlife
Follow the Cradle to Coast Tasting Trail, with lunch at Spreyton Cider Company & a whisky tasting tour at Hellyers Road Distillery
Climb Stanley's famous landmark, The Nut
Visit The Tarkine, home to the largest temperate rainforest in Australia
Explore Trowutta Arch, Lake Chisholm Sinkhole & Edge of the World
Pass through the Rocky Cape National Park
See Boat Harbour Beach & visit the Table Cape Lighthouse
Go hiking in Corinna
Visit the famous Cradle Mountain National Park & take a hike along one of the popular tracks
Stop to view the Sheffield murals
Transport in a private vehicle for the ultimate comfort & flexibility
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some essential items for this trip.
- Lightweight clothing. You will need to bring a mixture of lightweight clothing and layers. Long shirts and pants are useful to protect against the harsh Australian sun. Clothes should be easy to wash and dry. Australia is pretty casual, shorts or a skirt and a top, with sandals, is the usual warm-weather wardrobe.
- Comfortable, closed-in shoes. These will help to protect your feet from cuts and scratches when walking through bush/grasslands and will act as a protective barrier in the rare case of a bite or sting. A pair of sandals or thongs/flip flops are great for the beach.
- Sun protection – a wide-brimmed hat, sunscreen, sunglasses.
- Consider bringing your own water bottle to refill along the way. Although it can be difficult to avoid bottled water when travelling, please use the water dispensers which are provided on some of the vehicles and at some of the accommodation.
- Try to avoid bringing unnecessary valuables and use your hotel safe. It’s also a good idea to purchase a money belt or pouch that is easily hidden.
- Regardless of where you travel in Tasmania, you should be prepared for sudden, temporary deterioration in the weather, especially if bushwalking. Always carry additional warm clothing, including a waterproof outer layer.
Due to limited vehicle space and strictly enforced road laws regarding weight limits, your main piece of luggage must be soft-sided and weigh no more than 15kg/33lb. You can also bring a day pack/bag to carry water, a camera, sunscreen, etc when you’re exploring during the day.
The Operator is unable to carry large suitcases, particularly hard/externally framed suitcases as they are difficult to store and can damage equipment and other travellers' belongings.
This trip is new to The Operator's range this year. And while they have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. The Operator likes to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip is suitable for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. Please note that it includes several guided walks, allowing you to get among nature. Most are relatively short and easy although there are some more challenging options. However, joining a walk is always up to you. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
Australia eats multi-culturally. Everything from meat pies to ramen, tacos, curries, rice and pasta are part of the national diet. Vegetarians and vegans are well catered for in Australia and most restaurants and cafes will have a good selection of vegetarian meals. Gluten and lactose-free diets are also well catered for.
Please let us know at time of booking if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Reviews for 5 Day 4 Night Tarkine & Cradle Mountain Explorer
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.