- All wine, beer and cider tastings
- Samples at Chocolatier
- Restaurant winery lunch
- Tastings at Gateway Estate
- Visit two wineries, a cider house and Chocolatier
- Inner city pickup and drop off
- On-board cool box keep purchases fresh
WHERE WE VISIT
- Yarra Valley Chocolatier and Ice-Creamery
- Napoleone Cider House
- Killara Estate
- Gateway Estate
- Hanrahan Winery
Yarra Valley Wine Tour from Melbourne
Sip world-renowned wines from local wineries and enjoy gourmet food produced in the stunning Yarra Valley.
Buy as a Gift
Souvenirs and any additional purchases made on the day itself are at own expense.
Why do we love this
Who doesn't love a wine tour? We love this trip because you get to try delicious local goodies, chocolate, cider AND wine - all the good stuff.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The lush green hills of Yarra Valley have welcomed visitors for over 150 years. Discover this stunning wine region and get a taste for the local produce and beverages that make the area famous. Explore vineyards with local winemakers and enjoy many tastings of their gourmet produce. On this tour, you will enjoy the very best of what the Yarra Valley region has to offer!
Start the day with a free pickup from inner-city locations. You'll head out the Yarra Valley while your guide tells you all about the fun day ahead.
The first stop for the day is Gateway Estate Farmhouse, where you'll have the pleasure of tasting the seasonal local products like stone fruit, berries and apples, as well as a selection of local cheeses and delights. There's also indoor ‘U-pick’ greenhouse here, with strawberry picking available most of the year. Listen to the owners as they tell you the story behind the greenhouse and enjoy sampling some of the house made strawberry liqueurs and ports.
After gorging yourself on local goodies, it's back to the bus and onto the next stop for the day.
Here, chocolate heaven awaits! The Yarra Valley Chocolaterie is your next destination. Tuck into the free chocolate, watch the French & Belgian chocolatiers at work and try a piece from the ‘Great Wall of Chocolate’.
If you're feeling indulgent, go for a delicious hot chocolate or salted caramel gelato and enjoy on the deck.
Next, you'll head to Napoleone Cider House and Brewery for tastings in a rustic setting. Here, you'll be able to try ales and four ciders. Be prepared for a taste delight!
The Yarra Valley has been the home of cider since the 1900s and with three generations of the Napoleone family in the cider game, these guys know their stuff. The ciders are brewed on site, using only premium estate-grown apples and pears, with 100% fresh juice. You won't be able to get enough. After your tastings, take a wander around the stunning grounds and enjoy soaking up the sun.
Later, it's time to head to Killara Estate Winery, where you'll learn about the Italian winemaking traditions of the area. This is an Italian family run vineyard with some of the best views in the Yarra Valley wine region. Hear about the different wines types and enjoy a tasting before you settle down to lunch. It's a real feast - an Italian style winery lunch of pizza, pasta and antipasto platters!
Once you've had your fill, head outside to enjoy the beautiful views and play a game of bocce. There's a bottle of wine up for grabs for the winner, so make sure you get a few practice rounds in!
After an hour or so of wine, food and fun, it's onto your final stop of the day, Hanrahan Winery. A tiny, boutique spot, will comfy beanbags and great views over the vineyards, this is the perfect spot to kick back after your big day. The tastings here are delicious, and if you're lucky, you might even meet Otis, the resident winery dog.
After a final tasting and wander around the estate, it's time to hit the road back to Melbourne.
You'll arrive back at approximately 5.00pm.
Yarra Valley Wine Tour from Melbourne
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What is included on this tour?
All wine/cider tastings, local produce for morning tea, a professional entertaining tour guide, water throughout the day, cheese/chocolate tastings, on-board cool box to keep your produce fresh.
- Wildlife Tours offer complimentary inner city pickup and drop off services to various accommodation providers. Please note it is the customer’s responsibility to be waiting out the front of your selected pickup location (accommodation provider) at least 10 minutes before departure. Failure to wait out the front of your selected location may result in the tour guide being unable to locate you, causing failure to load. Wildlife Tours cannot be held responsible for passengers who fail to load.
- Although every effort is made, Wildlife Tours Australia shall not be liable for any illness, injury, damages, loss, delay or failure to join the tour that may occur due to factors beyond our control. We highly recommend all passenger have travel insurance coverage. Wildlife Tours Australia retains the right to alter routes, itineraries, fares, days of operation or even cancel tours if unforeseen circumstances occur. Other accredited tour operators may be used on some tours.
- Cancellation within 7 days of departure will result in a 50% loss of the ticket price;
- Cancellation, transfer within 48 hours of departure or failure to board will result in full fare forfeiture.
- Transfer Policy: $25 per person transfer fee applies to any transfer of services within 48 hours to 7 days before departure.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions