- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A journey onboard a Mary Valley Rattler train (Heritage Railmotor RM76), travelling from Gympie to Amamoor (return)
- An on-board tasting plate featuring delicious local produce
- A two-course lunch at the Rusty Rails Cafe, including a drink of choice (beer, wine, soft drink)
- Time to explore the quaint Amamoor community or watch the train change directions on the turntable
- Departs from the meeting point at Historic Gympie Station, Tozer Street, Gympie
Mary Valley Rattler Tasting TrainExperience the Mary Valley in all its glory on a historic train journey, with a tasting plate of local produce & 2-course lunch.
- Additional drinks from the bar
What to Expect
Food lovers looking for things to do on the Sunshine Coast and in Hervey Bay should look a little further into the wonderful Mary Valley and experience the region in all its glory, as it boasts wonderful produce and producers!
The Mary Valley Rattler Tasting train, which departs on Thursdays, is a fun experience for the whole family. Hop on board the Heritage Railmotor RM76 – which traditionally ran the Brooloo line to Gympie providing a daily link to the town for a bumpy, jumpy and delicious day out.
This exciting tour that celebrates the romance of the railway and the incredible local produce departs from the Historic Gympie Station. Make sure you arrive early enough to take time to wander through the Station, where you will learn the stories of the Mary Valley Rattler line, its people and its history.
Have a chat with the train drivers and the tour guides before you board the train. Then sit back and relax as you begin your nostalgic rail journey through one of the most beautiful parts of Queensland.
The journey crosses the Mary River as you travel around an abundance of curves, over bridges and numerous gentle hills and passes through the small township of Dagun. While onboard, you'll also enjoy a delicious tasting plate consisting of local produce and learn about the mouth-watering produce the Mary Valley has to offer.
Meanwhile, at the end of the line awaits the quaint community of Amamoor, a delightful historic town; here, you can watch the fascinating process of turning the engine on the turntable.
Once the journey ends back in Gympie, indulge in a two-course lunch at the Historic Gympie Station in the lovingly restored Rusty Rails Cafe. Lunch also includes a beer, wine, or soft drink, with extra drinks available from the bar.
Where we Visit:
- The Mary Valley Rattler train
- Historic Gympie Station
- Rusty Rails Cafe
Frequently Asked Questions
There is parking at the historic Gympie Station on Tozer Street and some street parking is also available.
There is some signed coach street parking on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
We do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs or prams as they will not fit through the doorways of the carriages and some exhibits are accessible only by stairs.
Please ensure you note at the time of booking in the special requirements field or by calling the Station to ensure you are seated together.
Please note in your booking process if you have requirements that require assistance with onboarding.
Due to the heritage nature of our carriages, access and egress from the carriages require the ability to climb stairs and safely negotiate the gap between the platform and the carriage. We are unable to provide manual assistance to board the carriages.
All of the current Mary Valley Rattler rail experiences are wheelchair accessible. There is limited availability and bookings must be made by calling the Station.
The historic stations of Gympie and Amamoor have wheelchair accessibility.
Please contact the station to ensure availability for your travel date if wheelchair access is required.
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, the trains do not have facilities to provide for or accommodate high chairs or prams and there are no bottle warming facilities
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms or under any roofed areas
- Guests should check-in at the Tour Desk at least 45 minutes before departure
- All participants must be fully vaccinated and agree to show proof of vaccine status
- Tickets are non-refundable nor transferable
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely