This is an opportunity to explore a part of Tasmania that is like no other.
After travelling to Strahan, you will walk through untouched forests, explore wild rivers and rugged coastlines, see breathtaking mountains and breathe in clean, fresh air. Two nights in this scenic village gives you a chance to really explore the area, including a chance to go on a Gordon River Cruise (at your own expense).
Next we visit Cradle Mountain with it’s amazing alpine scenery and spectacular walks before we head to the northern city of Launceston via Sheffield. We stay overnight in Launceston and then transfer back to Hobart with a stop at the tranquil village of Ross.
Day 1: HOBART > STRAHAN
We leave Hobart and drive through the Derwent Valley – travelling east to west across the island. You’ll see the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. Explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan.
Day 2: WILD WEST COAST
In the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast we will explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes. Then we continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall – Montezuma Falls. Or you can choose to join the world famous Gordon River Cruise (optional, at your own expense).
Overnight: Strahan (Breakfast)
Day 3: CRADLE MOUNTAIN > LAUNCESTON
Around 950m above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park, where you choose a walk to suit you. With an extensive range of tracks, stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. A short drive takes us through Sheffield, the ‘town of murals’, to Launceston where you can finish the tour at 5:30pm.
Overnight in Launceston if you choose the 3.5 day option that ends in Hobart.
Day 4: LAUNCESTON > HOBART
For those ending in Hobart, this morning we join our transfer through the historic Tasmanian Midlands and a visit to Ross, as we make our way south to Hobart and the end of our journey.
- Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park, Lake St Clair
- Henty Dunes, Tarkine Rainforest, Gordon River
- Cradle Mountain, Sheffield, Launceston
- Historic Tasmanian Midlands, Ross
Hobart - 7:00 am
- October - November: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
- December - January - February: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- March - April: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
- May - September: Thursday, Sunday
What to bring?
- Drink bottle
- Comfortable trail walking shoes
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
Would like to find more information? Click here to get in touch with one of our agents!