- Dress up in a traditional outfit including kimono, tabi socks, sandals and a bag
- Choose your favorite from over 1,000 vintage kimonos
- Visit World Heritage-listed Himeji Castle
- Discover the castle's beautiful Japanese gardens
- Enjoy matcha tea and Japanese sweets
- Receive a tourist map with local recommendations
What to Expect
Himeji Castle is a World Heritage Site located just one hour from Kyoto. It's a beautiful spot to walk around and immerse yourself in traditional Japanese culture. Exploring Himeji Castle is even better when you can do so while wearing a traditional Japanese costume, enabling you to get the full experience of the country's customs and tradition.
On this tour, you will get to dress up in a vintage kimono plus a belt and traditional undergarments. Choose from one of over 1,000 different varieties! You will also get to rent tabi socks and sandals plus a bag to carry while you walk. The staff will help get you all dressed up before you get to go out and walk around the castle.
Not only will you get to discover the castle itself, but also the beautiful Koko-en Garden located on the grounds.While there, enjoy a snack of matcha tea and delicious, delicate Japanese sweets. Enjoy the surrounding scenery of blue skies, cherry blossoms and autumn leaves! Please take your time walking around until 6 pm, when you will need to return your kimono.
- Visit the shop
- Kimono dressing
- Return kimono by 6 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting Point: Jyokamachi Style 19, Nikaimachi, Himeji-shi, Hyogo
- Access: 10-minute walk from JR Himeji Station, 10-minute walk to Himeji Castle
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Reviews for Kimono Walk Through Koko-en Garden in Himeji Castle
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation