- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- A 5 hr brewery tour of Wellington's best beer venues
- Visit 4 breweries & sample up to 16 beers in total
- A delicious set-menu lunch & tasty snacks along the way
- VIP behind-the-scenes brewery access & a brewer meet & greet (availability dependent)
- Tour trivia & prizes for extra entertainment
- A friendly local beer guide & driver
- Convenient return transfers from selected central Wellington accommodation
What to Expect
If you love beer, then a trip to Wellington is not complete without exploring its celebrated craft beer scene. Enjoy a leisurely 5 hr tour exploring four of the city's very best breweries, with a delicious set-menu lunch and snacks included.
Starting with pick-ups from selected central Wellington hotels and locations, you'll embark on this entertaining beer tour through the nation's capital, sampling up to 16 beers along the way. Your local guide will keep you amused with all kinds of trivia and prizes.
You'll visit four different breweries, with VIP behind-the-scenes access to one of the venues. Plus, a meet and greet with a brewer (so long as they're not too busy making your next favourite beer!).
One of the stops is Fork & Brewer, which has over 40 different beers on tap and a 1000-litre brewery onsite. The giant keg-style bar takes pride of place in the centre of the venue, with plenty of indoor and patio seating to enjoy your tasting paddle.
Moving on, you'll visit Whistling Sisters Beer Co, where the philosophy is focussed on small-batch beer that's full of flavour. Plus, with every can they sell, they donate 20 cents to The Karen Louisa Foundation, supporting breast cancer research.
Also on the list is Fortune Favours, which you'll spot thanks to the massive wooden puppet hand holding their sign. The passionate team are all about making good beer accessible to all. The core range includes styles like a tropical hazy, pale ale, IPA, pilsner, lager and a cider with blueberries.
Finally, you'll visit Heyday Beer Co, which has a regularly changing line-up of creative and interesting beers, with a laid-back vibe and sunny beer garden.
If you happen to book your tour on a Saturday, the last brewery will instead be exclusive access to Garage Project's Wild Workshop Brewery, their playground for creating all things weird and wonderful. They open especially for your group and give you the chance to try flights of wild barrel-aged sours, spontaneous ferments and beer-wine hybrids. You'll also discover their cellar of wine barrels, amphoras and foeders, soaking up the sights and smells of this unique brewery.
At the end of the tour, you can choose to stay at the final venue, kick on to a new bar, or be taken back to your accommodation or original pick-up point.
Where we Visit:
- 4 of Wellington's best breweries
- Fork & Brewer
- Fortune Favours
- Whistling Sisters
- Heyday Beer Co
- Garage Project's Wild Workshop Brewery (Saturdays only)
Frequently Asked Questions
Pick-ups will begin approximately one hour before the tour starts. The Operator will confirm your pick-up time at the time of your booking. If you are staying in a central city location, your guide will pick you up from there. If not, they will designate a pick-up location at the time of your booking.
Often guests come on the tour because they’re coupled with a beer lover and still have a great time. The food is delicious, and you’ll learn some pretty cool things about beer brewing that may interest you.
Not alcohol. Drive times are reasonably short, so you don’t have to wait too long before you’re next brew!
No, you must be 18 to take the tour. To enter a licensed premise or purchase alcohol, you may be asked for a current passport, current New Zealand driver's license, +18 card or kiwi access card.
Yes. The set lunch menu has been designed to cater for most dietary requirements.
There are both snacks and a good-sized portion lunch included in the tour.
- The minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run is 4
- The minimum age is 18 years
- Guests must at all times abide by all New Zealand laws regarding lawful drinking practices including, but not limited to, the consumption of alcohol in public places, in vehicles and consumption of ‘bring your own’ (BYO) alcohol
- Service of alcohol will be refused to persons deemed intoxicated
- A minimum fee of $250 will apply to any damage to, or spillage on, any vehicle owned or operated by Craft Beer Tours NZ
- If cancelled at least 22 days prior to the Tour date: 0% cancellation fee (100% refund)
- If cancelled 21 - 7 days prior to the Tour date: 20% cancellation fee (80% refund)
- If cancelled 6 to 1 days prior to the Tour date: 50% cancellation fee (50% refund)
- If cancelled on day of the Tour date: 100% cancellation fee (0% refund)
Reviews for Ex-Beerience Full Day Wellington Brewery Tour
Get Instant Confirmation