- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- An afternoon wine tasting tour around the Hawkes Bay wine region
- Visit 3 different cellar doors, with tastings including at each
- Transport onboard an air-conditioned minibus with a maximum of 12 passengers
- Services of a friendly, knowledgeable local driver/guide to show you all the highlights
- Convenient return transfers from any central Napier location
- Lunch or food
- Additional wine purchases
What to Expect
Napier and the Hawkes Bay area are New Zealand's oldest wine-making region. This popular afternoon tour visits some of the finest local wineries for a great tasting experience. This diverse and abundant area is best known for its chardonnay, red blends, aromatic whites, and syrah.
You'll get picked up from your Napier accommodation and stop at three superb wineries. The venues visited are usually the Mission Estate Winery, Church Road Winery and Askerne Estate Winery. However, your guide may sometimes need to substitute alternative wineries of equivalent quality at short notice.
Mission Estate Winery is New Zealand's oldest working winery and was established by French missionaries in 1851. Today, the cellar door sits in an elegantly restored seminary building nestled in the Taradale hills and produces an extensive range of wines.
Next, Church Road Winery has a long legacy of 125 years. The journey began in 1897, and the winery was the first in New Zealand to produce a Bordeaux-style red. Its cellar door sits on sprawling park-like grounds and is the perfect place to enjoy a glass in the sunshine.
Finally, Askerne Estate Winery is a boutique, family-owned establishment. Owners John and Kathryn Loughlin first bought 28 acres of land in 1993 before expanding to 50 acres. Today the collection of red blends, aromatic whites, and dessert wines showcase clean flavours and intense aromas.
Once the tour is finished, you'll be dropped back to your accommodation in Napier.
Where we Visit:
- 3 Hawkes Bay wineries (venues may change)
- Mission Estate Winery
- Church Road Winery
- Askerne Estate Winery
Frequently Asked Questions
The bus is able to accommodate one walker or folding wheelchair with small wheels per tour – please enquire before booking. All passengers will need to be able to enter and leave a minibus using the steps provided.
Sunglasses, sun hats, light jackets in case of rain, sunblock and your cameras!
- The minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply for this tour to depart
- The Operator reserves the right to alter, modify or cancel a tour due to bad weather, unsafe conditions or at the request of governmental, park, & state agencies
- The Operator assumes no responsibility for injuries, delays caused by breakdowns, accidents, adverse weather conditions and other conditions beyond their control
- The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage to property
- Fee of 100% if the booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- Fee of 50% if the booking is cancelled 6 days or less before the event
- A full refund of monies received if your cruise ship fails to enter the port
Reviews for Hawkes Bay Half Day Wine Tour
Get Instant Confirmation