- Guided or self-guided geothermal walk
- Maori carving
- Mud foot pool
Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk - 1 hour 30 minutesExplore Rotorua's most active geothermal reserve and take in an active mud volcano and land coral!
- Geothermal Mud Bath & Sulphur Spa
Why do we love this
We love that you gain an insight into Maori legends while pampering yourself. Bliss!
What to Expect
Take a wander around New Zealand’s most active geothermal reserve, walking amongst erupting waters, an active mud volcano and land coral.
Get your hands and feet dirty in the healing mud pool, treat yourself to a relaxing geothermal walk and try your hand at Maori carving. You’ll discover the legends and myths behind Hell’s Gate as you relax.
There's a free guided tour daily that will give you a fascinating insight into the park and its history. Times are as follow: summer – 9.30am, 11:30am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm. winter – 9.30am, 1.30pm.
Hell’s Gate provides a complimentary shuttle pick-up and drop-off, available from within the Rotorua central area. Please advise if you require this when booking.
Pick up times are:
Summer 1st October to 31st March
Pick-up - Rotorua: 8:50am, 12:50pm, 4:50pm and 6:50pm.
Depart - Hell’s Gate:12.30pm, 4:30pm, 7.30pm and 9:30pm.
Winter 1st April to 30th September
Pick-up - Rotorua: 8:50am, 12:50pm and 3:50pm.
Depart Hell’s Gate: 12.30pm, 3:30pm and 6:30pm.
- Once booked you must give at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend at the booked time.
- Cancellations made before the 24 hour cancellation period will not be charged a penalty fee.
- If canceled or a change is made to the booking time after the 24 hour cancellation period then a 50% cancellation fee will be made against the credit card details held to confirm the booking.
- No Shows will be charged the full amount of the therapy booked.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely