- Full instruction
- Top quality kayaking equipment
- Gourmet refreshments
- Pick up from/to Taupo CBD (on request only, please advise when booking)
- Visit natural hot springs
WHERE WE VISIT
- Waikato River
- Natural Hot Springs
Buy as a Gift
Why do we love this
We love how relaxed this tour is! The gentle pace of paddling makes it perfect for everyone.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore the Waikato River on this relaxing kayaking day trip! You'll explore the water and catch views of towering cliffs, islands and even a bungy sight!
Meet your group and get ready to begin your kayak adventure! Trips depart at 9.00 am and 1.30 pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early.
Then, it's time to begin your day! Gently paddle through the unspoilt beauty of the Waikato River, through the pumice gorge with crystal clear water. Be amazed by the stunning cliff faces and lush native forest. You'll see some of the most beautiful Taupo scenery as you travel.
While paddling, you'll pass an array of islands and swimming spots and you'll even drift past a bungy platform. Extra exciting if someone's jumping!
After a relaxing paddle, you'll stop at the natural hot springs where you'll have the chance to soak in the beautiful mineral water.
Then, it's time to replenish your energy with a stop for refreshments at the end of the trip.
A relaxed day of kayaking, this trip is perfect for families and anyone looking for a gentle kayak adventure.
No experience is necessary, as all trips are guided and full instruction is given. You have the option of single or double kayaks which are safe and easy for everyone to use. Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
You will need to wear swimmers under your clothes as at hot pools there are no changing rooms.
Transport to and from Taupo is available on request. Otherwise, the meeting point for this tour is Gates Park. Meet your group at Control Gate bridge at the end of Pois Road. To get here, drive along Thermal Explorer Highway, heading out of Taupo CBD towards Rotorua. On the right-hand side you will see Countdown Supermarket, then a bridge. Immediately after the bridge turn right onto the big grass area, and follow the track to the water edge. Once there – please park your car besides the gates then walk to the water edge along the track where you will meet by the kayaking team.
You are able to leave keys, valuables in our van that will meet you at end of trip, to transport you back to your vehicle
Waikato 'River Float' Kayak Tour - 2 Hours
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I bring?
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable clothing to paddle in including togs – NO jeans
- Sandals / aqua shoes, or footwear that can get wet
- Sun glasses
- Sun Hat
- Sun block / insect repellent
- Plastic (shopping) bag for wet gear after swim
- Spare change of cloths to sit in vehicle after trip
- Fleece / Warm Hat
- Thermal or fleece tops
What gear is provided?
- Paddle jacket
- Life jacket (buoyancy vest)
- Spray skirt / deck
- Pogies (paddling gloves)
- Dry bags for clothing / camera
- Double Kayaks / paddles
- Group safety and emergency gear
- First Aid kit
Where is the meeting point?
The start address is: Control Gate bridge. – Drive along Thermal Explorer Highway (just as your heading out of Taupo CBD towards Rotorua). On the Right handside you will see Countdown Supermarket. Then a bridge. Immediately after the bridge turn right onto the big grass area, and follow the track / Road to the water edge. (This is called Pois Rd – but no road sign to show this).
- No jeans
- Please arrive wearing the appropriate clothing and already have sunblock applied, so we can keep to tour time.
- Arrive 15 minutes earlier than tour commencement time
- Children under 4 must be accompanied by an adult
If a customer chooses to cancel:
- Up to 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost , or refund less 10% booking fee
- Within 24 – 48 hours before departure time – rebooking at no extra cost, or refund less 50%
- Within 24 hours of departure or after departure time – rebook with a 10% booking fee, or no refund.
Cancellation by the Guide:
Taupo kayaking Adventures reserves the right to cancel or amend any tour due to road, track, water or weather conditions.
If we cancel a tour due to such circumstances, you will have the following options:
- Cancel the day’s outing for a full refund;
- Choose an alternate tour or walk option from the Operator’s available services. Customers will be refunded the cost of the tour less the price of the alternative trip chosen.
You will receive no refund:
- If you miss the tour departure (e.g sleeping late, unexpected illness or injury, vehicle breakdowns, etc)
- If we have to cancel the booking due to clients ill health, poor fitness, intoxication