- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 6 hr coastal cruise
- Regular seal, dolphin & seabird sightings
- Whale sightings (expected 90% - not guaranteed)
- Morning tea & lunch, plus afternoon snacks
- Wildlife information &interpretation
- Licensed bar to purchase drinks
Wilsons Prom Whale CruiseDiscover humpback and southern right whales along the captivating eastern coastline of Wilsons Promontory.
What to Expect
Wild about whales? Join this 6 hr cruise in the search for the majestic humpback whales during their southerly migration along the spectacular Wilsons Promontory coastline. From September to November they return south to the cool waters of Antarctica after mating and calving in the warm, tropical waters of Queensland.
On your journey look out on stunning coastal scenery including remote sandy beaches, picturesque coves, isolated islands and towering rock formations. See spectacular views along the Prom, including Rabbit Island, Sealers Cove, Refuge Cove and the Wilsons Promontory Lightstation.
Delight in the opportunity to spot diverse marine wildlife such as shy albatrosses, Australian fur seals, common dolphins and of course the majestic humpback and southern right whales. Do remember, that whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed, as they are in a natural environment, however, there is about a 90% success rate.
Plus, you'll get to indulge in a delicious homemade lunch and morning tea with beer, wine and mixed drinks available for purchase at our licensed bar plus complimentary tea and coffee throughout the cruise.
Where we visit:
- Wilsons Promontory
- Rabbit Island
- Sealers Cove
- Refuge Cove
- Wilsons Promontory Lightstation
Frequently Asked Questions
Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cooler on the water. We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle, plus your camera.
Yes, there are drinks available through our licensed bar on board.
On many of our cruises, you may experience some swell and rough sea’s at times as we do cruise in open waters. Our staff will advise all passengers booked if we have any added concerns about sea conditions at least the day prior. We suggest precautions against motion sickness.
Yes, there are unisex and disabled toilets on board.
The Supplier endeavours to provide accessibility to this cruise for people with all abilities. With extensive operating experience, The Supplier knows how important it is to offer personal attention to passengers who may require special care.
Currently not all vessels are equipped with wheelchair accessibility and boarding locations at jetty’s do require navigating up to up to 15 steps.
Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge. Our shorter cruises are perfect for all ages, however, children of all ages must always be under adult supervision.
On our longer cruises, we ask that you are confident that your infant child will okay for the duration of the cruise and take steps to ensure both the infant and their guardian do not get seasick as someone must be able to care for the infant at all times.
There is ample room for prams and walkers onboard and the boarding ramp allows standard sizing though some areas of these vessels are only accessible via stairs. Please note that there is up to up to 15 steps on the jetty before access to the boat.
- Guests are required to check-in and collect their boarding pass at least 30 minutes prior to the cruise departure time
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to cruise departure time
- Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers, please check our daily updates on our website to confirm your cruise
- If the operator cancels a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or full refund will be offered
- Dietary requirements may be provided for on our catered cruises. Dietary requirements must be provided to us no later than 12 pm the day prior to the cruise. Please note dietary requirements are not catered for on all cruises
- Whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed. The cruise travels into open waters, which may be choppy at times, and taking motion sickness tablets is recommended
- Changes or refunds can be made up to 48 hours prior to travel at no extra cost
- Cancellations within 48 hours or no shows will not be refunded
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely