- 6 hr coastal cruise
- Regular seal, dolphin & seabird sightings
- Whale sightings (expected 90% - not guaranteed)
- Morning tea & lunch, plus afternoon snacks
- Wildlife information &interpretation
- Licensed bar to purchase drinks
Wilsons Prom Whale Cruise
Discover humpback and southern right whales along the captivating eastern coastline of Wilsons Promontory.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Wild about whales? Join this 6 hr cruise in the search for the majestic humpback whales during their southerly migration along the spectacular Wilsons Promontory coastline. From September to November they return south to the cool waters of Antarctica after mating and calving in the warm, tropical waters of Queensland.
On your journey look out on stunning coastal scenery including remote sandy beaches, picturesque coves, isolated islands and towering rock formations. See spectacular views along the Prom, including Rabbit Island, Sealers Cove, Refuge Cove and the Wilsons Promontory Lightstation.
Delight in the opportunity to spot diverse marine wildlife such as shy albatrosses, Australian fur seals, common dolphins and of course the majestic humpback and southern right whales. Do remember, that whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed, as they are in a natural environment, however, there is about a 90% success rate.
Plus, you'll get to indulge in a delicious homemade lunch and morning tea with beer, wine and mixed drinks available for purchase at our licensed bar plus complimentary tea and coffee throughout the cruise.
Where we visit:
- Wilsons Promontory
- Rabbit Island
- Sealers Cove
- Refuge Cove
- Wilsons Promontory Lightstation
Wilsons Prom Whale Cruise
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
2 Adults + 2 Children:
What should I wear and bring?
Please dress for the weather, keeping in mind it is usually cooler on the water. We recommend bringing your Keep Cup and water bottle, plus your camera.
Is there a licensed bar on the boat?
Yes, there are drinks available through our licensed bar on board.
Will it be rough?
On many of our cruises, you may experience some swell and rough sea’s at times as we do cruise in open waters. Our staff will advise all passengers booked if we have any added concerns about sea conditions at least the day prior. We suggest precautions against motion sickness.
Are there toilets on board?
Yes, there are unisex and disabled toilets on board.
Is the cruise wheelchair accessible?
The operator is proud to be inclusive and endeavours to provide accessibility to our cruises for people with all abilities. We have many years of experience in offering personal attention to passengers who may require special care. Some of the services that are available:
- Accessible parking and wheelchair/walker access to our office at the Cowes jetty carpark
- Seating on the jetty on your way to the boat
- Wheelchair, walker and pram access to the boat via a ramp (please be aware that there are up to 15 steps on the jetty itself)
- Accessible toilet on board with extra room and grab handle
- Ample room on board for wheelchairs, walkers and prams as well as room to turn
- Free or heavily discounted cruise tickets for companion card and carer cardholders
- Personal attention by our crew onboard to passengers with special needs
Can I bring my children?
Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge. Our shorter cruises are perfect for all ages, however, children of all ages must always be under adult supervision.
On our longer cruises, we ask that you are confident that your infant child will okay for the duration of the cruise and take steps to ensure both the infant and their guardian do not get seasick as someone must be able to care for the infant at all times.
- Guests are required to check-in and collect their boarding pass at least 30 minutes prior to the cruise departure time
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to cruise departure time
- Cruise dates and times may be changed or cancelled due to weather and passenger numbers, please check our daily updates on our website to confirm your cruise
- If the operator cancels a cruise due to weather or any unforeseen circumstance a transfer or full refund will be offered
- Dietary requirements may be provided for on our catered cruises. Dietary requirements must be provided to us no later than 12 pm the day prior to the cruise. Please note dietary requirements are not catered for on all cruises
- Whale and dolphin sightings are not guaranteed. The cruise travels into open waters, which may be choppy at times, and taking motion sickness tablets is recommended
- Changes or refunds can be made up to 48 hours prior to travel at no extra cost
- Cancellations within 48 hours or no shows will not be refunded
Read full supplier's terms & conditions