- VIP tastings at 5 top wineries
- Mystery wine experience!
- Chocolate & wine pairing experience
- Cheese & wine masterclass, with 9 different cheeses & 9 specially made wines
- Generous antipasto lunch amongst the vines
- A brewery tour of the Hunter Valley Beer Co and a refreshing beer tasting to finish your day
- Pickup and drop-off from selected wine country accommodation
- Transport in luxury vans
- Knowledgeable and entertaining tour guide
- Chance to spot kangaroos and local wildlife
- Additional drinks, food, or any purchases from the wineries direct
WHAT TO EXPECT
Enjoy this popular full-day Hunter Valley wine tour, with private tastings of some of the Hunter Valley’s greatest wineries. We don’t stick to a formula and we’re constantly doing research. As long as we get great feedback from guests, you might visit boutique, new, large, small, old, or unique wineries. We want you to enjoy the best of the Hunter Valley, with unique wine encounters that are not available to your average walk-in wine-taster.
Your day includes visits to 5 different wineries for VIP cellar door tastings, including a mystery tasting at one of them, which could be a blind tasting or a barrel tasting etc. You'll get to sample the exquisite vinos at each one, with the chance to buy some bottles to take home with you.
While everyone knows the Hunter is famous for its wines, it also has a proud & thriving cottage industry that produces all sorts of other ingredients the local chefs love to use in their dishes. Olives & olive oils, cheeses, organic poultry, snails, berries, herbs, jams & pickles & of course chocolates and much more are all produced right here in the Hunter Valley.
The itinerary also gives you the opportunity to try some of this amazing local produce. Head to the Two Fat Blokes Kitchen for a Cheese and Wine matching experience. Here you'll match 9 different kinds of cheese with 9 different wines. You'll also receive a copy of the cheese & wine matching guide to take with them as a memento of your visit. Beyond cheese with wine, sweet tooths will love matching chocolate with wine for another unique and educational experience.
When it comes time for lunch, dig into a generous seasonal picnic lunch set up amongst the vines at a picturesque location (weather permitting). It's the perfect way to take a break and appreciate the beauty of this incredible region.
The last stop is a local brewery, to switch it up from wine to a frothy, with a delicious tasting paddle of the local beers.
Where we visit:
- Two Fat Blokes Gourmet Kitchen
- 5 top Hunter Valley wineries, which will vary on the day
- A local Hunter Valley brewery