Discover something extraordinary in Central America as you explore six countries across 32 fun-filled days
Rainforests and Ruins: 32 Day Central America Journey Highlights
- Get up to $350 cash back per person when you book with us
- Hotel or hostel accomodation (26 nights)
- Community guesthouse stay (2 nights)
- Authentic local homestay (3 night)
- All transport including public bus, boat, van, taxi and internal flights
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 5 dinners
- A cooking demonstration at Cantón de San Carlos
- Guided tour of Tikal
- Orientation walk in Antigua
- Beach time in Caye Caulker and El Tunco
- Free time in Suchitoto, Monteverde and La Fortuna
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainforests and Ruins: 32 Day Central America Journey
Costa Rica Water Activities:
• Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
• Sport Sandals or Water Shoes (if you plan to do waterfall rappelling and/or rafting)
• Flight info (Required - printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (Required with photocopies)
• Passport (Required - with photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (Should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
Every traveller is different and therefore spending money requirements will vary. Some travellers may drink more than others while other travellers like to purchase more souvenirs than most. Please consider your own spending habits when it comes to allowing for drinks, shopping and tipping.
It is customary in Latin America to tip service providers such as waiters, at approximately 10%, depending on the service.
Tipping is an expected - though not compulsory - component of your tour program and an expression of satisfaction with the persons who have assisted you on your tour.
Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels.
There are several times during the trip where there is opportunity to tip the local guides or drivers.
Recommendations for tipping drivers and local guides would range from $5-10 USD per day depending on the quality and length of the service; ask your CEO for specific recommendations based on the circumstances and culture.
Tipping of your G Adventures Chief Experience Officer is very much appreciated. The amount is entirely a personal preference; however as a guideline $5- 7 USD per person, per day is our recommendation in the region. However, if you felt your CEO did an especially outstanding job, any additional amount will always be welcome.
Laundry facilities are offered by some of the hotels for a charge. There will be times when you may want to or have to do your own laundry so we suggest you bring non-polluting/biodegradable soap.
It is recommend that you use a backpack for your convenience, or a medium-sized suitcase if you prefer. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying and handling your own luggage.
Simple hotels/hostels (26 nights, most multi-share), permanent tented campsite (2 nights, multi-share), homestay (3 nights).
Accommodation will be varied throughout your adventure. Some nights there will be multi-share accommodation, on a single-sex basis (typically 4-6 people per room). Unique accommodations have been specifically chosen to give local flavour to your trip.
Couples: Please note that due to the variety of accommodation used in Central America, couples will be split into separate rooms when multi-share hostels are used. Pending availability, couples may be able to pay extra while on tour to have their own room in some destinations.
Single travellers should not have to pay more to travel, so group trips are designed for shared accommodation and do not involve a single supplement. Single travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. Some of the independent trips are designed differently and single travellers on these itineraries must pay the single trip price.
Eating is a big part of traveling. On this tour, you'll experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available in Central America.
Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat.
It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap.
On a tour like this, groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though.
4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
Reviews for Rainforests and Ruins: 32 Day Central America Journey
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.