Spend 16 days exploring Costa Rica's world-class highlights, combined with hidden treasures, action-packed adventure, and incredibly natural beauty.
Costa Rica Adventure – 16 Days & 15 Nights Highlights
Get up to 10% cash back per person when you book with us
16 Day tour of Costa Rica, with destinations from coast to coast
13 nights twin-share tourist-class accommodations, in venues that have local character
2 nights multi-share jungle lodge accommodation with shared facilities, immersed in the heart of the rainforest
Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners
All transport between destinations - including private vehicle, tractor, public bus and boat
50% off the My Own Room option for solo travellers
A visit to the Mi Cafecito Coffee Cooperative Tour, Sarapiquí
Cooking Demonstration, Sarapiquí Rainforest
A guided cloud forest night walk, Monteverde
A guided bicycle ride around Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Guidance from an amazing Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout
Services of porters & cooks during the hiking portion of your adventure to help take a load off
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions about Costa Rica Adventure – 16 Days & 15 Nights
Costa Rica Water Activities:
- Drybag (Will help keep cameras and essentials dry)
- Sport Sandals or Water Shoes (if you plan to do waterfall rappelling and/or rafting)
- Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
- Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
- Passport (required) (With photocopies)
- Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
- Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
- Cash, credit and debit cards
- Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
- Ear plugs
- First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
- Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
- Fleece top/sweater
- Locks for bags
- Long pants/jeans
- Outlet adapter
- Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
- Reusable water bottle
- Small travel towel
- Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
- Watch and alarm clock
- Waterproof backpack cover
- Windproof rain jacket
Health & Safety:
- Face masks (required)
- Hand sanitizer (required)
- Pen (Please bring your own pen for filling out documents.)
- Rubber gloves
- Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
- Sun hat/bandana
We recommend using a backpack for your convenience, or a medium-sized suitcase if you prefer. A daypack is also essential for carrying everyday items. Space is limited on transportation, so there is a limit of one main piece of luggage per person. You will be responsible for carrying and handling your own luggage.
Tips are not included in the tour price and tipping is entirely at your discretion.
It is customary in Latin America to tip service providers such as waiters, at approximately 10%, depending on the service. Tipping is an expected - though not compulsory - component of your tour program and an expression of satisfaction with the persons who have assisted you on your tour. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels. There are several times during the trip where there is an opportunity to tip the local guides or drivers we use. Recommendations for tipping drivers and local guides would range from $5-10 USD per day depending on the quality and length of the service; ask your CEO for specific recommendations based on the circumstances and culture.
Tipping of your Chief Experience Officer is very much appreciated. The amount is entirely a personal preference; however, as a guideline $5-7 USD per person, per day is our recommendation in the region. However, if you felt your CEO did an especially outstanding job, any additional amount will always be welcome.
Reviews for Costa Rica Adventure – 16 Days & 15 Nights
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.