- Private Airport Transfers
- All Local Transportation
- Meals as stated During Excursion (Drinks are not included in the food package)
- All Equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional Bilingual Guide (English & Spanish)
- All Entrance Fees
- Fully Guided Jungle Tours & Excursions As Described In Itinerary
- Private Accommodations (Bedding, Shower)
8 Day Jungle Adventure & Amazon Tour - Iquitos, Peru
Spot pink dolphins, hold an anaconda, and learn about the rest of the Amazon wildlife!
Buy as a Gift
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.)
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City
WHAT TO EXPECT
This 8 Day & 7 Night amazon rainforest tour will expose you to all of the sights and sounds of the Amazon rainforest! This tour includes 1 night of jungle camping at “Mirador Palo Alto”, a 3 story observation tower that provides a bird’s-eye view of the lowland jungle. Looking to get a taste of Iquitos rainforest camping? You will also spend 1 night on the banks of the Rio Napo sleeping in tents! During your Iquitos jungle tour, travelers will experience the most popular activities including night time caiman excursion, visits to lagoons, bird watching excursion, piranha fishing, rainforest hiking, visit with native Amazonian tribes, canoe rides, viewing of pink river dolphins and much more!
Day 1 - Port town of Nanay
Morning departure from Iquitos City via auto to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat you will travel downriver 70 KM (about 2 hours). During the riverboat trip, you will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
Monkey Island – a small island about 15 minutes from the Maniti Lodge, which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat. During your visit on the island you will have the unique opportunity to observe and interact with a wide variety of monkeys that include: Sloth, Goeldi’s monkey, Tamarin monkey, Capuchin monkey, Yellow-Handed Titi monkey, Masked Titi monkey, Cebidae monkey, Wooly monkey, Squirrel monkey, Spider monkey, South American Coati monkey, and many more! Along with the various species of monkeys, you will have to opportunity to hold very large Anacondas, Boas and interact with the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle. At Monkey Island you will also see alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots, etc.
Dolphin watching session at the camp where you will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. If you are lucky you will also have the chance to swim with them on the main Amazon River. In the evening we will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys). Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge
Day 2 - Amazon River
You will begin our day early, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River, and then we will leave the camp to go on an animal observation excursion (via boat) where you will have the opportunity to see pairs various types of flora and fauna.
Afternoon fishing excursion via boat with the opportunity to catch piranha, catfish & other species of fish. Viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world. After sunset you will go on an excursion via canoe to spot and catch caiman, you will have the opportunity to hold, touch, and take photos with the caiman. Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge
Day 3 - Maniti Lodge
Morning visit with a local village to learn and observe the local people’s daily life and customs. In the afternoon you will visit lagoons and tributaries in close proximity to the Maniti Lodge. Here, you can make a variety of activities, dependent on the tourist, such as jungle hiking, canoe rides, fishing, plant education, animal observation or maybe just relaxing with a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons or on the Amazon River!
You will begin your day early, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River, and then you will leave the camp to go on an animal observation excursion (via boat) where you will have the opportunity to see pairs various types of flora and fauna. In the evening you will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys). Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge
Day 4 - Palo Alto
Morning jungle hike (30-45 minutes) with destination “Palo Alto”. The unique attraction “Palo Alto Mirador” is a lookout point that has 3 different observation deck levels. Here guests have a birds-eye view of the lowland Peruvian Amazon from 5, 10, and 15 meters above the ground. Here you will have the opportunity to spend the night with excellent opportunities to observe various species of wildlife in their natural habitat.
Daytime exploration of the area that includes hiking, canoe ride in lagoon, fishing (depending on the request from passenger). In the evening you will go on a nighttime nature walk to see what types of species can be seen (reptiles, spiders, monkeys). Overnight at the top observation deck of Palo Alto (setting up a tent or in hammocks).
Day 5 - Maniti Camp Lodge
Morning bird watching session from “Palo Alto”. Today you will visit some lagoons that are located close to the Maniti Camp Lodge, near the Río Napo. They hold a great variety of palms, large trees, and a beautiful landscape. Here you can do a variety of activities, such as trekking, canoe rides, fishing, and identification of plants, bird watching or maybe just relaxing with a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons.
In the late afternoon, you will return to Maniti Lodge to have lunch. After dark you will go on an excursion by boat in search of the white and black caiman as well as various night birds and other reptiles; this also gives you the enjoyable opportunity to hear the symphony of sounds that comes from the forest at night. Overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge.
Day 6 - Amazon River
You will begin our day early, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River, Breakfast and departure (via private boat) from Maniti Lodge with destination Río Napo. Upon arrival at the site, the guides will set up the campsite for the night and cook lunch.
Daytime exploration of the area that includes hiking, canoe ride in lagoon, fishing (depending on the request from passenger). At night time after dinner, you will make a night excursion by boat to search for the various species of nocturnal animals; this also gives us the enjoyable opportunity to hear the symphony of sounds that comes from the forest at night. Overnight rainforest camping (in tents) on banks of Río Napo.
Day 7 - Maniti Lodge
Breakfast will be served followed by an early morning jungle hike where you will see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants such as the Ayahuasca Vine (Banisteriopsis caapi), Cats Claw Vine (Uncaria tomentosa), Victoria Amazonica, Ceiba Tree, Sensitive Plant (Mimosa pudica), and more.
Visit different lagoons in the region. They hold a great variety of palms, large trees, and a beautiful landscape. Here you can make a variety of activities, dependent on the passenger(s), such as trekking, canoe rides, fishing, and identification of plants, animal spotting or maybe just relaxing with a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons. Late afternoon returns to Maniti Lodge for lunch. In the evening you will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys). Overnight Maniti Lodge.
Day 8 - Iquitos City
Early morning jungle hike where you will have the unique opportunity to see a vast number of monkeys, birds, and much other wildlife in their natural habitat. You will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants. Departure from Maniti Lodge with destination Iquitos City. Visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe the history and their customs.
8 Day Jungle Adventure & Amazon Tour - Iquitos, Peru
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Per Person (2 People):
Per Person (3 People):
How To Book
We require a 50% deposit to hold your reservation that can be made with any major credit card, when we receive your payment we will send you a payment confirmation via email. The remaining balance will be due at the time of (or before) your arrival to Iquitos.
Availability & Departure Info
We operate amazon tours from Iquitos every single day with no fixed departure dates – accommodating your schedule, not ours!
Start & End Times
Our Iquitos jungle tours begin at 9:00am on the first day and end at 5:00pm on the last day. Arriving late or departing early? No problem! We will accommodate your travel schedule and ensure that no activities are missed.
We can accommodate vegetarians, vegans upon request with no additional charge.
We accommodate groups as well as solo travelers. Small groups & solo travelers share excursions but accommodations are always private and group sizes are never more than 6 people.
Language & Safety
Our Iquitos amazon tours & Pacaya Samiria camping tours are safe for travelers of all ages and experience level. We are licensed and insured with over 20 years of experience with guides that are fluent in English & Spanish.
- Maniti Expeditions, LLC is responsible for providing all the services and accommodations exactly as advertised. In the case of natural disasters, severe weather or any other acts of nature, Maniti Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for the services not provided.
- We maintain the right to change and/or re-schedule services that we deem appropriate or necessary. If for any reason the transportation chosen by the passenger (bus, flight, train, etc) does not arrive at destiny at the date and hour programmed to start the tour or program, Maniti Expeditions, LLC denies all responsibility for not providing the tour or package services. These services will not be reprogrammed.
- Maniti Expeditions, LLC will provide services only from the portion considered after the arrival of passengers. The portion of the program lost, for this reason, is not refundable.
- Maniti Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for loss, damage or injury related to services or accommodations provided by third parties. We reserve the right to make changes in any itinerary in the event it becomes necessary to ensure the safety, comfort or well being of the passenger. Such a change will be made without penalty.
- Travelers have the option to cancel their reservation at any time. Cancellation requests will not be granted via telephone and must be sent via email to email@example.com. Any traveler who voluntarily cancels their reservation with Maniti Expeditions, LLC after 24 hours of booking and/or 3 days (72 hours) prior to arrival will forfeit all monies paid to Maniti Expeditions, LLC with no exception.
- There is a strict no-show policy enforced by Maniti Expeditions, LLC. All no shows will automatically forfeit all monies paid to Maniti Expeditions, LLC and the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card on file, under no circumstances a refund be granted.
- Maniti Expeditions, LLC is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that are incurred as a result of the canceled booking such as, but not limited to, non-refundable plane tickets or other travel costs, equipment, etc.