- Get up to $90 cash back per person when you book with us to use on day tours before or after your trip
- Private airport transfers
- All local transportation
- Delicious food package including meals
- All equipment: Rubber Boots, Fishing Poles, First Aid, Etc.
- Professional bilingual guide (English & Spanish)
- All entrance fees
- Fully guided jungle tours and excursions
- Private accommodation with bedding and a shower
What to Expect
This 8 Day and 7 Night Amazon rainforest tour will expose you to all of the sights and sounds of the Amazon rainforest - taking in the very best this part of the world has to offer.
Including 1 Night of jungle camping at “Mirador Palo Alto”, a three-storey observation tower that provides a bird’s-eye view of the lowland jungle, guests will also spend time at the beautiful Maniti Eco Lodge and a night camping on the banks of the Rio Napo.
During your Iquitos jungle tour, travelers will experience the most popular activities including a night time caiman excursion, visits to lagoons, bird watching, piranha fishing, rainforest hiking, a visit with native Amazonian tribes, canoe rides, a viewing of pink river dolphins and much more!
Where we visit:
Day 1 - Port town of Nanay
Embark on a 9am departure from Iquitos City via auto to arrive in the port town of Nanay (Bellavista), where the Rio Nanay meets the Rio Amazonas. After departing by boat you will travel downriver 70km (about 2 hours) to Monkey Island. During the riverboat trip, you will have a great possibility of seeing caimans, turtles, herons, pink river dolphins, snakes, and many other species of flora/fauna along the riverbank.
A small island about 15 minutes from the Maniti Lodge which shelters a large number of monkeys in their natural habitat, Monkey Island is home to multiple species of monkey, including the masked riti monkey, cebidae monkey, wooly monkey, squirrel monkey, spider monkey, South American Coati monkey, and more!
Along with the various species of monkeys, you will have to opportunity to hold very large anacondas and boas and interact with the very unique and rare Amazonian mata-mata turtle. At Monkey Island you will also see alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots and more native wildlife.
Enjoy a dolphin watching session at the camp where we will have the unique opportunity to see the pink freshwater dolphin. You may also have the chance to swim with the dolphins on the main Amazon River. In the evening, you will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen (lizards, snakes, spiders, monkeys), before getting some much-need sleep overnight at Maniti Eco-Lodge.
Day 2 - Amazon River
We will begin Day 2 early, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River, and then you will leave the camp to go on an animal observation excursion (via boat) where you will have the opportunity to see various types of flora and fauna. A fun-filled afternoon fishing excursion via boat with the opportunity to catch piranha, catfish and other species of fish, before a viewing of Victoria Regia – the largest freshwater aquatic plant in the world.
After sunset, the tour will go on an excursion via canoe to spot and catch caiman, where you will have the opportunity to hold, touch, and take photos with the caiman before heading back to Maniti Eco-Lodge.
Day 3 - Maniti Lodge
This morning's visit with a local village where you learn and observe the local people’s daily life and customs is an unforgettable stop on this tour.
In the afternoon, you will visit lagoons and tributaries in close proximity to the Maniti Lodge. Here, you can enjoy a variety of activities, such as jungle hiking, canoe rides, fishing, plant education, animal observation or maybe just relax with a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons or on the Amazon River!
You will also enjoy an animal observation excursion (via boat) where you will have the opportunity to see various types of flora and fauna. In the evening, you will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species inhabit the area, including lizards, snakes, spiders and monkeys, before returning to the Maniti Eco-Lodge.
Day 4 - Palo Alto
Embark on a morning jungle hike (30-45 minutes) to destination “Palo Alto”. The unique attraction “Palo Alto Mirador” is a lookout point that has three different observation deck levels. Here guests have a birds-eye view of the lowland Peruvian Amazon, from 5, 10, and 15m above the ground. Here you will have the opportunity to spend the night with excellent opportunities to observe various species of wildlife in their natural habitat.
Daytime exploration of the area that includes hiking, a canoe ride in lagoon or fishing. In the evening, you will go on a nighttime nature walk to see what types of species can be seen (reptiles, spiders, monkeys). Overnight will be spent at the top observation deck of Palo Alto (either in a tent or in hammocks).
Day 5 - Maniti Camp Lodge
Enjoy a relaxing start to the day with a morning bird watching session from “Palo Alto”. Today you will visit some lagoons that are located close to the Maniti Camp Lodge, near the Río Napo. They hold a great variety of palms, large trees, and a beautiful landscape. Here, you can enjoy trekking, canoe rides, fishing, more bird watching or, you can relax with a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons.
In the late afternoon, you will return to Maniti Lodge to have lunch. After dark you will go on an excursion by boat in search of the white and black caiman as well as various night birds and other reptiles; this also gives us the enjoyable opportunity to hear the symphony of sounds that comes from the forest at night. Spend the night back at Maniti Eco-Lodge
Day 6 - Amazon River
We will begin Day 6 early again, waking up in time to see the sunrise over the Amazon River.
Head from Maniti Lodge to Río Napo, where the guides will setup the camp site for the night and cook lunch.
Enjoy daytime exploration of the area as well as hiking,a canoe ride in thr lagoon or fishing.
At night time after dinner, we will make a night excursion by boat to search for the various species of nocturnal animals; this also gives us the enjoyable opportunity to hear the symphony of sounds that comes from the forest at night, before spending the night rainforest camping (in tents) on the banks of Río Napo.
Day 7 - Maniti Lodge
Breakfast will be served followed by an early morning jungle hike where you will see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants such as the Ayahuasca Vine (Banisteriopsis caapi), Cats Claw Vine (Uncaria tomentosa), Victoria Amazonica, Ceiba Tree, Sensitive Plant (Mimosa pudica), and more.
Today you will get to visit different lagoons in the region. They hold a great variety of palms, large trees, and a beautiful landscape. Here you can enjoy a variety of activities, such as trekking, canoe rides, fishing, or a nice cool swim in one of the lagoons.
Late afternoon, you will return to Maniti Lodge for lunch. In the evening you will go on a nocturnal nature hike to see what types of species can be seen in thre area, before spending the night back at Maniti Lodge.
Day 8 - Iquitos City
Mark the start of you final day with an early morning jungle hike, where you will see a vast number of monkeys, birds, and much other wildlife in their natural habitat.
You will also see and learn about various types of Amazonian plants, before a visit with a local native Indian tribe to learn and observe the history and their customs.
Arrive back at Iquitos City for 5pm.
Would you like to find out more information? Click here to get in touch with one of our agents!
Frequently Asked Questions
We require a 50% deposit to hold your reservation that can be made with any major credit card, when we receive your payment we will send you a payment confirmation via email. The remaining balance will be due at the time of (or before) your arrival to Iquitos.
We operate amazon tours from Iquitos every single day with no fixed departure dates – accommodating your schedule, not ours!
Our Iquitos jungle tours begin at 9:00am on the first day and end at 5:00pm on the last day. Arriving late or departing early? No problem! We will accommodate your travel schedule and ensure that no activities are missed.
We can accommodate vegetarians, vegans upon request with no additional charge.
We accommodate groups as well as solo travelers. Small groups & solo travelers share excursions but accommodations are always private and group sizes are never more than 6 people.
Our Iquitos amazon tours & Pacaya Samiria camping tours are safe for travelers of all ages and experience level. We are licensed and insured with over 20 years of experience with guides that are fluent in English & Spanish.
- Extra Items (Souvenirs, Extra Food, Cigarettes, Etc.)
- Airfare (We Can Help Arrange Airfare Upon Request)
- All Airport Taxes
- Personal Expenses: Telephone Calls, Laundry Expenses, Alcoholic Drinks, Etc.
- Insurance Against Theft, Loss, Illness or Accident
- Gratuity For Tour Guides
- Hotel In Iquitos City
Reviews for 8 Day Jungle Adventure & Amazon Tour - Iquitos, Peru
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- The supplier is responsible for providing all the services and accommodations exactly as advertised. In the case of natural disasters, severe weather or any other acts of nature, the supplier is not responsible for the services not provided.
- We maintain the right to change and/or re-schedule services that we deem appropriate or necessary. If for any reason the transportation chosen by the passenger (bus, flight, train, etc) does not arrive at destiny at the date and hour programmed to start the tour or program, the supplier denies all responsibility for not providing the tour or package services. These services will not be reprogrammed.
- The supplier will provide services only from the portion considered after the arrival of passengers. The portion of the program lost, for this reason, is not refundable.
- The supplier is not responsible for loss, damage or injury related to services or accommodations provided by third parties. We reserve the right to make changes in any itinerary in the event it becomes necessary to ensure the safety, comfort or well being of the passenger. Such a change will be made without penalty.
- Travelers have the option to cancel their reservation at any time. Cancellation requests will not be granted via telephone and must be sent via email to the supplier. Any traveler who voluntarily cancels their reservation with the supplier after 24 hours of booking and/or 3 days (72 hours) prior to arrival will forfeit all monies paid to the supplier with no exception.
- There is a strict no-show policy enforced by the supplier. All no shows will automatically forfeit all monies paid to the supplier and the remaining balance will be charged to the credit card on file, under no circumstances a refund be granted.
- The supplier is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that are incurred as a result of the canceled booking such as, but not limited to, non-refundable plane tickets or other travel costs, equipment, etc.
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation