- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us
- Choose from 20,000 ft (85 seconds of free fall) 16,000 ft (75 seconds of free fall) or 13,000 ft (45 seconds of free fall)
- HIGHEST skydive in New Zealand
- Free fall at speeds of 200+ kph
- 5 minutes gently floating in parachute
- Stunning views of both the east and west coasts of NZ, Waiheke Island, Great Barrier Island, Mt Ruapehu and even Mt Taranaki.
- Certificate of your skydive
- Personalised training and safety briefing
- You can purchase photos and/or video package at the venue before the jump - Photos ($129), Video ($139), Photos + Videos ($189)
- Free transport from Auckland City Centre is subject to availability. If you require free pickup please forward your Travello confirmation email to email@example.com. Your booking time may be changed slightly to fit in with pickup times.
What to Expect
Get ready for an adrenaline rush like no other! Skydiving is one of life's ultimate thrills, and with Skydive Auckland, you will be able to do the HIGHEST jump in New Zealand at 20,000 ft. After 5,000 ft, your brain has no perception of depth, so jumping out of a plane feels completely surreal! During your free fall, you will feel like you are floating on a big cushion of air. It is a once in a lifetime experience.
On the day you'll be picked up from your Auckland city location (depending on availability) and driven to the Skydive Auckland drop zone in Parakai. You'll get kitted up in all the gear (make sure you are wearing sensible shoes) after which, you'll receive an extensive safety briefing and thorough training instructions. Your skydiving instructor will take you through what to expect and will keep you calm the whole time (these guys know what they are doing!).
We head out to the plane for a scenic flight over the North Island, reaching an altitude of 20,000 ft. Take a deep breath and get ready to jump out of the plane, free-falling for up to 85 seconds (depends on the altitude you choose) at the rate of 200 kmph, wow! Regardless of what height you jump from, your parachute is activated at 5,000 ft giving you around 5 minutes to gently float back down to earth, taking in glorious views of the North Island's East & West Coasts and Auckland city. If the conditions are right, your Skydive Auckland instructor will let you take the reins, helping steer your parachute back to the drop zone and back from the experience of a lifetime.
How to get there?
Skydive Auckland is a 45-minute drive from Auckland City in a place called Parakai. Free transport from Auckland City is available, making tandem skydiving the best Auckland activity available! Should you wish to drive to Skydive Auckland, there is plenty of free onsite parking available.
What to wear?
Skydive Auckland provides all the equipment necessary. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the weather. You must also wear comfortable shoes that can be secured, such as trainers/sneakers. High heels, jandals, and flip-flops are not suitable footwear.
Skydives are Wednesday to Sunday from sunrise to sunset (weather permitting) except 25th December, 26th December, 1st January and 2nd January and NZ public holidays. You can contact the team daily from 7 am to 8 pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although it often takes less time for your tandem skydive experience, we must always allow for changeable weather conditions. We ask you to allow 4.5 hours from your booking time for the entire tandem skydiving experience. If you are using our free transport service from Auckland City, the time from pick up until return is approximately 4 hours.
We offer personalised one on one video and photo options in high definition to capture every moment of your experience from before you jump to after you land. You can purchase the photos and DVD at the venue before the jump - Photos ($129), Video ($139), Photos + Videos ($189). We have pens to write messages on your hands and we also have t-shirts and hoodies available to buy.
Since the weather can change very quickly, we will only confirm your skydive 1 hour before your booking time. If the weather conditions are not perfect and we get delayed, your skydive experience may take a little longer than the 3 hours we ask you to allow. Should your experience be on hold our fantastic team will look after you and if you can’t skydive on the day, we’ll help you to reschedule, without any further costs.
Due to strict regulations, customers are not permitted to take any objects with them including cameras. This is for the safety of customers, instructors and the general public.
Our views are spectacular, we don’t want you to miss them! Glasses and contact lenses can be worn and we will provide goggles.
Yes! We have a fantastic viewing deck with plenty of seating so that your friends and family can watch you land. If you are taking advantage of our free courtesy van transport, we will do our best to accommodate your spectators but spaces are limited and not guaranteed. We do have ample free on-site parking should they wish to drive.
During the registration process, you will be briefed on a number of points including landing. Our highly skilled instructors are trained to bring you back to earth as softly as possible. While we can give you a thrilling ride under your parachute, when it is time for landing, you follow some simple instructions to help aid a soft landing in front of your friends and family.
If you are unsure if an existing medical condition or injury will affect your skydive, please consult with your doctor for advice. We are unable to advise on medical issues.
Yes you can breathe throughout the tandem skydive experience, the best thing to do is let out a big scream!
Tandem skydiving is an adrenaline activity and it is normal to feel a little scared, but skydiving is an amazing experience like no other. Our highly experienced instructors will talk you through everything and make you feel completely calm.
Free transport from Auckland City Centre is subject to availability (Pick up Auckland Sky Tower)
We will need to know your email address and contact phone number, if you require transport, where you are staying. To confirm with Skydive Auckland.
Skydive Auckland is located in Parakai, an easy 45min drive from Auckland City.
There is ample free parking
- Subject to weather conditions and operator terms.
- 20,000 ft skydives are offered for only 15 years and over.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers.
- 100 kg of weight restriction.
- Weather conditions can change, so we ask you to contact the merchant 1 hour prior to your booking to confirm if the weather is suitable. If not, we will help you reschedule.
- There is no age limit, but if you are under 18 years old you will need to bring a parent or guardian with you.
- For full terms and conditions please visit: www.skydiveauckland.com/terms-conditions.
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat with us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
- Full refund will be processed where the merchant fails to offer the service
- You can cancel your voucher anytime - up to 48 hours prior to your booking.
- No refunds if you do not turn up at time of your booking.
- Self drive
- Skycity Sky Tower Base
Reviews for Auckland Tandem Skydive 20000ft, 16000ft, 13000ft, 9000ft
Get Instant Confirmation