- Half-day cruise through the Bay of Islands
- Scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Dolphin watching (when possible)
- A professionally guided tour on New Zealand culture
- Movie or entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- CBD hotel/airport pick-up and drop-off
Places We Visit
- Bay of Islands
- Hole in the Rock
- Otehei Bay on Urupukapuka Island
- WIFI on transport (available at additional cost of $10 NZD per person)
Why Do We Love This
We love that this tour gives travellers the option to "choose their adventure" depending on what spots and activities they want to prioritise. It has options for everyone!
What to Expect
The Bay of Islands is a must-see in New Zealand. Boasting more than 140 beautiful islands surrounded by sparkling water, this spot will take your breath away! Spend a day cruising through the picturesque landscape and pristine water as you discover this iconic New Zealand gem.
It's an early start at 6 am with a free pick-up from your accommodation in Auckland.
From there, you'll head to the Bay of Islands, enjoying stunning landscapes and countryside vistas along the way.
Once you've reached this amazing spot, it's time to head out on a half-day cruise (approximately 4 hours) led by Discover the Bay. You'll get to see dolphins (when possible) and snap some amazing shots of your surroundings. Discover the history of the area as you cruise among the 144 islands.
You'll also pay a visit to the famous Hole in the Rock, an iconic landmark in the Bay of Islands.
Take a break on beautiful Urupukapuka Island, where you will enjoy a tasty BBQ lunch and a chance to relax in the sun.
After your cruise, there will be a chance to explore one of the following spots (your pick):
- Russell, New Zealand's first capital, known for its seal and penguin colonies
- Waitangi, a historical site where you can explore the treaty grounds and learn about early New Zealand history (time permitting and at your own expense)
Later, it's time to make your way back to Auckland with pit-stops along the way. The afternoon is in your hands!
After your selected activities, you'll be dropped back to your hotel in Auckland between 6-7pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
A camera, sunglasses, water bottle and cash for additional food/souvenirs are recommended.
Yes, we do allow children and infants of all ages, although children aged 14 or under cannot travel on this tour without an accompanying adult aged 18 or over.
- Tours will only run if at least 4 people have booked on the tour
- Cheeky Kiwi Travel reserves the right to alter the tour due to weather or operational needs
- No refund will be given to tours cancelled with less than 24hrs notice
- A minimum cancellation fee of $20 applies to all online bookings at the discretion of the supplier
- Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland Britomart
- Airedale Boutique Suites Auckland
- Auckland Airport/ Butterfly Creek
- Avani Metropolis Auckland Residences
- Barclay Suites
- CityLife Auckland
- Copthorne Hotel Auckland City
- Cordis Hotel Auckland
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Four Points By Sheraton Auckland
- Grand Mercure Auckland
- Grand Millennium Auckland
- Haka Lodge Auckland City
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Hilton Hotel Auckland
- ibis Budget Auckland Central
- JUCY Snooze Auckland
- Kiwi International Hotel
- M Social Hotel Auckland
- Nesuto Stadium Hotel & Apartments
- Pullman Hotel Auckland
- Queen Street Backpackers
- Rydges Hotel Auckland
- SkyCity Grand Hotel
- SkyCity Hotel Auckland
- SO/ Auckland
- Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour
- Stamford Plaza Auckland
- Swiss - Belsuites Victoria Park, Auckland
- Tetra Serviced Apartments By Nesuto
- VR Auckland City
- Waldorf St Martins Apartment Hotel
- YHA Auckland City Backpackers
- YMCA Hostel
Reviews for Bay of Islands Day Tour from Auckland
Get Instant Confirmation