- Quicker alternative to full overnight cruise
- Dusk fishing
- Night kayaking
- Target shooting
- Seafood tasting
- Witnessing phosphorescence aka 'fairy dust'
- Pool table
- Shared cabins
- Buffet dinner, licensed bar & breakfast
- Shuttle back to Paihia
Why do we love this
"We love it because the B&B Overnight Cruise still gives you the best of the Overnight Cruise but in a quicker time!"
WHAT TO EXPECT
START: 5:00 PM END: UP TO YOU!
Your Bay of Island Overnight Cruise starts at 5pm from Paihia Wharf, so grab a beer and enjoy a 2-3 hour cruise out to the islands. While we're cruising try your hand at targeting shooting. Once anchored it's time for some dusk fishing, how good's your fishing? Because whatever you catch is whatever we cook up on the BBQ!
INTO THE NIGHT
Choose whether you would like to go night kayaking and witness the magical phosphorescence aka 'fairy dust' or enjoy a star gazing session, our knowledgeable guides will point out all of the major constellations. Fancy a dip? You can jump into the sea for a night swim before warming up with a drink by the fire.
START: 8:00 AM END: 9:30 AM
SUNRISE AT SEA
Enjoy a fiery sunrise at sea – from the comfort of your own bed, if you're not a morning person! At 8am breakfast is served, enjoy tucking into a traditional Kiwi breakfast, feel free to take an early morning dip, to wake yourselves up. After which our sea shuttle will take you back to Paihia Wharf at 9:30am - wow, what a trip!
Not long enough? Check out our full Overnight Cruise of the Bay of Islands!
Still want to know more? Check out Rock the Boat's blog here.
*PLEASE READ FAQS BELOW*
What do I need to bring?
We provide almost everything you need for your Bay of Islands experience. However, we do recommend that you bring along a few personal items...
- Nibbles and snacks (we eat as the sun goes down so this can be late)
- Warm jacket (NZ weather can change quickly)
- Camera (limited charging is available on board)
- Bring just an overnight bag (we have limited space onboard)
- Light footwear or sandals are fine (please NO hiking boots)
- Cash or card (we have EFTPOS)
What if I have a special dietary requirement?
If you have any special dietary requests or allergies, please contact us before you embark on the cruise.
How do I get there?
The Rock Adventure Cruise leaves from the main wharf in central Paihia, where all Bay of Islands maritime activities are based from. Please be there ten minutes before pick up time and look out for our sign. Our crew will be there to greet you and take you to The Rock on our tender (smaller boat).
Staying in Russell? Just catch the passenger ferry over to Paihia - it runs three times per hour and takes approximately 15 minutes.
Can I bring alcohol on board?
We have a fully-licensed bar on board, with a selection of New Zealand wines and beer. However, due to safety and licensing regulations please do not bring your own alcohol on board.
- All departures are subject to a minimum number of 10 guests being met. Should the minimum numbers not be reached the supplier reserve the right to cancel the trip and offer guests a full refund of the cruise price or transfer to another cruise date.
- All our adventure activities (kayaking, snorkelling, beach lands, treks, etc.) are suitable for persons of good health and they all involve risks. Whilst we do everything possible to safeguard our guests which are beyond our control. The supplier will not be held liable for your belongings and we recommend that you are covered by travel insurance. All departures, activities and itineraries are subject to weather, tides and sea conditions.
- All departures, activities & itineraries are subject to weather, tides & sea conditions. The supplier reserves the right to cancel any departure without prior notice in the interest of passenger comfort and safety.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 72 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations less than 72 hours before departure: 100% of the cost
Read full supplier's terms & conditions