Spend a full day immersed in the beauty of Milford Sound with a guided Milford Track walk followed by a relaxing cruise.
Milford Sound Cruise & Milford Track Walk Highlights
- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- An 11-km guided walk along the Milford Track to Giant's Gate waterfall
- Morning tea snack & a warm drink as you admire the waterfall views
- Return water taxi transport from Deep Water Basin to Sandfly Point
- A 2-hr cruise along Milford Sound, with frequent stops at spectacular points of interest
- Great photo opportunities as you get closer to waterfalls & wildlife
- Tea & coffee are served onboard
- Interactive & informative commentary from the Skipper
- Departs from the meeting point at Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, State Highway 94, Milford Sound
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
For the walk, it's recommended you bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A day pack containing warm sweater/fleece jacket
- A waterproof jacket
- Insect repellent
- Drinking water
- Hiking snacks
- A camera.
- It's also recommended you have a change of clothes and dry shoes on the conclusion of the walk, in case it is a wet day.
- Bring lunch with you or preorder a packed lunch.
For the cruise you'll also want:
- Warm Clothing
- Waterproof Jacket
- Water bottle & lunch (complimentary tea & coffee is provided)
- Insect Repellent
The wildlife you may spot will depend on the time of year you visit and how friendly the wildlife are feeling on the day. You will see New Zealand fur seals lazing on the rocks, and if you’re lucky enough, you might spot dolphins or the rare Fiordland Crested Penguin.
There are toilets located at the back of the boat on either side.
Milford Sound is a magical paradise when it does rain, as the cliff faces come to life with thousands of waterfalls. Come prepared with a raincoat and warm clothes, and you will enjoy the show nature puts on for you.
Some fitness is required, but it's primarily easy walking. It is a 50-metre vertical gain and 11-km return walk, taking approximately 3 hrs. There are some areas where the terrain is rocky or rough underfoot. Occasionally, wet weather may make conditions more challenging when puddles or streams are encountered. The walk operates in most weather conditions, so ensure you are suitably prepared. The Milford Track Walk is not recommended for children under 8 years.
Please allow a minimum of 4 hours to drive from Queenstown to Milford Sound. The Operator would also recommend that you allow a minimum of 2 hours to drive from Te Anau. However, there are several scenic viewpoints along the way, and to make the most of your experience, it is well worth allowing extra time on top of this for you to stop and see them.
Due to the changeable nature of the conditions in Fiordland, Milford Road can be closed at any time throughout the year. Should the roads close, The Operator is happy to transfer you to another departure or refund the cost of your cruise, depending on the circumstances.
There are multiple parking options:
- Free parking at Deepwater Basin (40-minute nature walk)
- Paid parking 10 minutes from the terminal
- Disability parking outside of the visitor terminal (As long as you can display a badge)
Reviews for Milford Sound Cruise & Milford Track Walk
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.