- Get up to $40 cash back per person when you book with us
- Helicopter ride to access the Fox Glacier
- Landing site at a remote area to explore ice caves and arches
- Knowledgable guide
- Leather boot, socks, crampons, walking poles, waterproof jacket, overtrousers included
Manual bookings made on request - our team will be in contact to confirm within 72 hours of booking.
What to Expect
This fly-in, fly-out Heli hike combines the excitement of walking on Fox Glacier with the thrill of helicopter flights. By flying in, you can access and explore a part of the glacier where it creates ice caves and arches.
Equipped with leather walking boots and other equipment, you'll board the helicopter for your first flight over the pinnacles of the lower icefall. Here, the ice is in constant motion.
The landing site on the ice is a remote and stunning part of the glacier at approximately 800 metres above sea level. From there, you will see Victoria Falls, which is the melting river from the hidden Victoria glacier. At this stage, your guide will set you up with crampons that are designed for these ice conditions. Follow the ice steps cut by your guide as you explore the fantastic formations. Each departure is a real voyage of exploration!
- Weather permitting, ice time is up to 3 hours
- This is a natural and ever-changing environment. Ice features change constantly, and no guarantee can be given that specific features will be seen
- This is a weather dependent trip
- Minimum of 3 people required (if you have less than 3 people in your group, the tour will do its best to put you on a trip with other people)
- The maximum guide to customer ratio is 1:11
- Bookings are on request
Frequently Asked Questions
- Any essential medication
- 3 -4 layers of warm upper body clothing (jeans are not recommended on wet days, as they become very cold and uncomfortable to wear)
- Sunglasses and sun protection
- A drink and snacks are useful
- A warm hat and gloves
- A camera
- Drones are illegal to use, please leave it in your car if you have one
- Minimum age is 9 years old
- Visitors with a weight of more than 116kg (255.7lb) will be subject to restrictions
No cancellation fee payable if:
- You cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the reporting time for your trip or if the tour cancels the trip for any reason before the trip has commenced
A cancellation fee of 100% of the cost of the trip if:
- You cancel your booking less than 24 hours before the reporting time for your trip or you do not show up at the reporting time for your trip
Reviews for Fox Glacier Heli Hike
Get Instant Confirmation