- The ultimate whale-spotting experience from a helicopter!
- Enjoy panoramic views of Kaikoura Peninsula
- Spot seal colonies along the rocks
- If the whales are close to shore, there is a possibility of spotting dolphins
- Possibility of seeing humpback whales that are migrating May/November
- The pilot will help you spot Sperm Whales
Kaikoura Helicopter And Whale Watching Flight
Kaikoura's iconic helicopter tour that flies above the deep-sea canyon and searches for giant Sperm Whales!
WHAT TO EXPECT
This helicopter tour departs from beachfront helipads to fly over the world's largest marine mammals, Sperm Whales! From the comfort of the helicopter, you'll enjoy the ultimate whale-spotting experience.
After take-off, the pilot will fly above Kaikoura’s unique deep-sea canyon. He'll let you know where to look for the magnificent Sperm Whale. This tour offers the ultimate vantage point to see whales and explore Kaikoura. You'll get to see an entire whale from head to tail as the pilot flies slow orbits above. There may also be large pods of dolphins playing in the water.
You may have the possibility to see baleen whales migrating, including humpbacks on their way from feeding grounds near Antarctica, to their birthing and breeding grounds in Tonga & Niue from May through to November. On the return journey to the helipad, keep an eye out for the NZ Fur Seals basking along the rocks and small Hectors Dolphins swimming in the water. You'll also get breathtaking views of the rugged Kaikoura coastline.
This is a quick 30-minute flight with minimum adult passenger numbers.
Kaikoura Helicopter And Whale Watching Flight
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Adult - 12yrs +:
Child - 4 to 11yrs:
Am I guaranteed to see whales?
The tour sees whales 97% of the time. Occasionally, despite best efforts and flight planning, you may not see a whale. This is rare and unfortunate but can happen. If you do not see a whale, there is not refund policy.
What if there is bad weather on the day of my tour?
Safety is paramount in determining if the weather is good to fly. Cancellations or postponements may occur if the weather is deemed unsafe to fly.
- All flights are subject to a minimum passenger number of 2 for brochure flights. Bookings will be accepted for numbers less than the required minimum and we will try our best to coordinate bookings to achieve the required minimum for the flight to depart, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- All departures are subject to change or cancellation if weather conditions are not suitable or if the minimum numbers required for the flight are not met. The tour will do its best to reschedule your flight, or a refund will be offered (see Cancellation & Refund information below).
- Flights operate every day except for Christmas Day.
- Safety is paramount in determining if the weather is good to fly. Cancellations or postponements may occur if the weather is deemed unsafe to fly.
- Flight times and routes are subject to weather conditions; the flight route may vary due to weather.
- Individual and total weight restrictions apply to specific aircraft or flights.
- The pilot will determine the seating of passengers based on weight and balance restrictions of the helicopter.
- The helicopter used may vary and is at the discretion of Kaikoura Helicopters/GCH Aviation. Helicopters being R44, EC130, AS350.
- Infants who weigh 18kgs or less and are aged 3 years or under fly free of charge, children over 3 and/or over 18kgs must occupy their own seat and the full fare be paid for that seat.
- Child prices refer to the ages of 4 to 11 years old or infants weighing over 18kg.
- The tour sees whales 97% of the time. Occasionally, despite best efforts and flight planning, you may not see a whale. This is rare and unfortunate but can happen.
- If you do not see a whale, the tour does not have a refund policy.
- Weather cancellations are out of the tour's control. They will try to rebook you for another time or a refund will be offered in accordance with our refund policy guidelines.
- If you are unable to re-schedule the flight then a full refund will be offered.
- No refund will be given for no-shows or changes you make to your booking less than 24 hours prior to departure.
- Where payment is made by credit card and a refund applies, the amount must be refunded back to the credit card in New Zealand dollars. The tour takes no responsibility in paying any transaction fees incurred for this.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews