- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Exclusive Price with Backpacker Deals
- Locally owned and operated
- Experience the stunning beauty of Milford Sound
- 2-hour cruise aboard a modern multi-purpose catamaran
- Spot fur seals, dolphins, and penguins (depending on the season)
- Enjoy views of waterfalls and mountains
- Spectacular scenery of the Fiordland National Park
- Learn about the area's history from experienced skipper's
- Complimentary tea and coffee
Please note check-in time is 25 minutes before the departure.
Drinks, juices, meals and snacks can be purchased at your own expense
This tour departs from Milford - you need to make your own way to Milford
Why Do We Love This
Seeing Milford Sound is a must-do in New Zealand, and we love how easy the JUCY team makes it! Different start times mean you can pick the perfect trip and we also think the included commentary is pretty cool... you're not just seeing this stunning New Zealand gem, but you're learning a little about it too.
What to Expect
Come cruise magnificent Milford Sound! Explore one of the highlights of the Fiordland National Park aboard a modern catamaran with plenty of viewing decks to soak up those spectacular views. Immerse yourself in some of the world’s most breathtaking scenery.
You can access all three viewing decks (inside and out) for unlimited viewing of towering waterfalls, luxuriant rainforests, fur seals, and other local wildlife such as dolphins and penguins (depending on the season).
The cruise travels the length of Milford Sound and out to the Tasman Sea. Learn why Captain Cook failed to discover Milford Sound after charting all the other fiords of Fiordland National Park. The talented skippers will give you commentary throughout the cruise, teaching you all about this spectacular area. The friendly crew is on hand for those all-important photos, to share their local knowledge, and to join you for the free shower under Stirling Falls!
The Cafe Bar also serves up delicious espresso coffee, drinks, and assorted snacks to enjoy while you savour the stunning scenery.
1 May - 30 Sept: 11am, 1:45pm.
1 Oct - 30 Apr: 10.30am, 1.00pm.
1 Dec - 30 Apr: an additional departure at 3.30pm.
Not keen to drive? Check out the following options leaving from Queenstown and Te Anau:
Frequently Asked Questions
Children are 5 - 14 years
Children 0 - 4 years are free
There are a number of different ways to get to Milford Sound including self-drive, day-trips by coach and by air.
Your Milford Sound boat trip does not depart from Queenstown wharf. Some people do ask that!
It is a good idea to allow at least 4.5 hours to ensure that you have enough time for all the photo stops along the way! This time-frame also allows for a 20 minute break in Te Anau.
There is no ATM in Milford Sound – make sure you bring all the cash that you think you will need. The last ATM available before Milford Sound is located in Te Anau.
There is only a very limited supply of fuel in Milford Sound. We would strongly recommend you fuel up before you leave Te Anau.
Once you reach the end of the Milford road there is a large carpark available for everyone cruising Milford Sound. It is a short 5-minute walk from the carpark to the terminal building where your cruise departs. Please note that you cannot park directly outside the terminal building.
*Important Note; Milford Sound Tourism Ltd have introduced a $20/5hrs parking charge in the main car parks at Milford Sound. Information about parking at Milford can be found here www.milfordsoundtourism.nz/parking.
The last point with a large selection of cafes and supermarkets is Te Anau. In Milford itself, there is only one small cafe. Snacks and drinks are available for cash purchase on the boat.
Here's an idea of must-have items:
- Cash - to pay for purchases on the boat.
- A rain jacket - even on a sunny day the waterfalls will get you wet.
- A camera - to record your day.
- Sunglasses - it can be bright if the sun is shining!
- Finally, if you are self-driving, a full tank of petrol when leaving Te Anau.
- The itinerary is correct at the time of publication and will be adhered to within reason, but may be changed due to weather or safety conditions or at the discretion of Cruising Milford Sound Ltd. In order to meet servicing requirements a glass roof coach may not always be available.
- Where food is included in the price of your package, Cruising Milford Sound Ltd. will endeavour to meet dietary requests but this may not always be possible.
- Changes to itinerary, inclusions, pick-up times or the use of third party operators shall not give the traveller a right of cancellation or refund.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellations more than 24 hours before departure: no fee
- Cancellations within 24 hours of departure: 100% of the cost
Reviews for Milford Sound Scenic Cruise
Get Instant Confirmation