- Get up to $40 per person cash back when you book with us
- Enjoy a 1-hour scenic flight over Milford Sound
- Get an aerial perspective of cascading waterfalls
- Fly across the mountain ranges and beech forests of the Southern Alps
- Learn about the area from a highly trained, local pilot who offers commentary throughout the flight
Milford Sound Scenic Flight
Experience the magnificent Milford Sound by air!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience Milford Sound by air on this scenic flight from Queenstown. Fly above the rugged backcountry of Central Otago, before heading westward to where the glacial-fed rivers empty into Lake Wakatipu. As you cross over into the Fiordland National Park, you’ll discover an untouched world of peaks and valleys, where mountains reach into the sea – a landscape forged by the rapid retreat of glaciers.
Soaring above Milford Sound, you’ll get an aerial perspective of cascading waterfalls hidden amongst towering peaks and the icy blue channel that flows into the Tasman Sea. From the luxuriant mosses and ferns clinging to sheer rock faces to immense peaks rising straight from the ocean depths, the entire experience is truly awe-inspiring.
This flight soars across the mountain ranges and beech forests of the Southern Alps, above the famous Milford Track and over the Sutherland Falls before you reach the striking Lake Wakatipu and land at Queenstown Airport (rated one of the world’s most scenic landings). Depending on the flight route for the day, your sights may include; Skippers Canyon, Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, Mt Tutoko, Milford Sound, Mitre Peak, Arthur Valley, Sutherland Falls, the Milford Track, Lake Te Anau, Eglinton Valley, Greenstone Valley and Lake Wakatipu.
This tour has been operating for over 40 years and is a Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) approved operator. A modern fleet is subjected to regular maintenance checks as safety is paramount. Each pilot undertakes extensive training in mountain flying, and all pilots have well over 1000 hours of flying experience – some even having close to 8000 hours. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the world's best scenic flight!
Milford Sound Scenic Flight
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Minimum unit order: 1 persons.
- Please note: infants for the scenic flight experience are classed as 11kgs or under. If over this weight they will be charged the child price due to CAA legal requirements.
- Any booking that is cancelled or amended within 24 hours of departure will be charged in full.
- Bookings that are cancelled or amended outside of 24 hours prior to departure can be done so at no charge.
- Clients wanting to make changes are required to contact the tour's reservations by 6pm the day prior to departure.
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews