- Spend 30 minutes ashore at Ship Cove before your relaxing cruise back to Picton with a full commentary from you skipper
What to Expect
Please note: Minimum of 4 paying passengers is required for this tour to go ahead. If minimum numbers are not reached we will happily refund the tour costs. We look forward to you travelling with us and apologies for any inconvenience.
Cruise from Picton, up through the Queen Charlotte Sound to historic Ship Cove. Along the way, your skipper will provide a commentary on the surrounds, history and wildlife be it bird, fish, or mammal!
As the name would suggest the highlight of this tour is a 30-minute stopover at Ship Cove. Named by Captain James Cook in 1770 when his ship The Endeavour anchored here to replenish supplies of food, water, and wood. It became a favourite anchorage of Captain Cook and he returned here a further four times between 1770 and 1777.
Take the opportunity to dabble in the creek where Captain Cook made home brew for his crew and share the beach with the resident wildlife. Have your photo taken beside the Captain Cook Monument commemorating his visits to this area or just relax and enjoy the tranquil surrounds.
**Please note that during our Winter Months the boat may return to Picton as early as 11am. The reservations staff will confirm the tour content and arrival time upon check in.
- Please ensure that you have checked in at least 30 minutes prior to the departure time.
- You must exchange your voucher or online booking for a ticket and check-in at the booking office.
- Child prices are from 5-14 years inclusive, infants travel free of charge will an adult.
- We reserve the right to amend timetables and departure times, cancel departures, and alter ticket prices without prior notification due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, cruise routes and tour return times may alter from advertised however you will still be provided with the full commentary and full tour experience.
- If you have a medical condition that may affect your enjoyment or comfort of any of our transport or tours then please do advise staff prior to boarding.
- Please ensure that your luggage is secure and waterproof, we do not transport items in plastic bin bags or supermarket shopping plastic bags. No shoes or items hanging on the outside, tents and sleeping mats must be transported separately if it does not fit in your bag.
- There is an additional $5 per person fee if you wish to disembark at the Resolution Bay wharf as it is private property payable direct to the landowners, this fee is not included in our products.
- Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the departure time incurs a 100% cancellation fee. Booking cancelled outside of this incurs a 10% cancellation fee.
- If the weather is too extreme for us to sail and you cannot make an alternative sailing then we will provide you with a full refund in the method that you originally booked. We do not provide refunds due to the weather being unfavourable - ie raining. Or weather conditions changing on board. If you have concerns about the weather then please advise our reservations staff prior to boarding for an alternative option.
Reviews for Ship Cove Cruise From Picton
Get Instant Confirmation