- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 6 amazing ziplines including the world's steepest 20 minute downhill walk through native beech forest
- 12 aerial tree top platforms
- Longest zipline distance: 300 m (984 ft)
- Reach speeds of up to 70 kph (44 mph)
- Featuring the world's steepest zipline
- Highest treehouse is 8 storeys high - that's over 25 m (82 ft)
Kea Tour - Ziptrek Queenstown
Zoom through the air on six breathtaking tree-to-tree Ziplines with Ziptrek Ecotours (New Zealand's #1 Original Zipline Tour Company)
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Ziptrek Ecotours is New Zealand's #1 Original Zipline tour company. The multi-award winning company offers a spectacular, fun and educational Zipline eco-adventure through the forest canopy high above Queenstown, on Skyline Gondola hill. Take in stunning views of the surrounding lakes and mountains while learning about the local environment and having heaps of fun along the way. Buckle up and experience an adrenaline rush like no other!
Upon check-in, you'll meet your guides at the 'Ziptrek Guest Services Tree', located 100 metres to the left of the Gondola upper terminal. You will then be fitted with a climbing harness and helmet, and ready to rock 'n' roll!
The Ziplines are entirely gravity fed, meaning guests don't have to worry about controlling their own speed. During the ride, two tour guides will accompany each and every guest, one guide to connect on the launch platform, and the other guide to disconnect on the landing platform.
The knowledgeable guides will take care of everything technical, meaning you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. They will inform you about the surrounding environment on both a local and global scale and offer sustainable education in a receptive and engaging manner. You'll learn how Ziptrek strives to operate in an environmentally friendly way, and you'll be provided with tips on how you can do your bit too.
About The Kea Tour
Descend 30 storeys at speeds of up to 70kph on the world's steepest tree-to-tree zipline.
Longer and faster than Ziptrek Ecotours' other tours, this stunning guided journey through native beech forest compromises six amazing ziplines, finishing you right back in town on a total high.
You'll journey through ancient native beech forest on six breathtaking tree-to-tree Ziplines, all of which offer outstanding alpine vistas. You'll return to the bottom of gondola hill on a complete high!
The Kea tour is suitable for everyone - although it is perfect for those seeking a higher adrenaline factor. Families with older children, honeymooners and outdoor/nature enthusiasts rejoice!
Child Price (Youth Price) - Valid for ages 6 years to 14 years
Adult Price - 15+ Years
Kea Tour - Ziptrek Queenstown
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Child (6-14 yrs):
What are the age and weight limitations?
The minimum age to participate in a Ziptrek tour is 6 years of age.
The minimum weight limit to participate in a Ziptrek Ecotour is 30kg (65lbs)
The maximum weight of a guest is 125kg (275lbs)
Children (6-14yrs) must be accompanied on tour by a parent of guardian (someone at least 15 years of age).
Can I take my camera with me?
Yes, if you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you. We recommend they have a wrist or neck strap so that you can attach it to yourself when zipping.
What should I bring?
As it is a few degrees cooler in the forest, we recommend that you dress with warm layers and for the conditions of the day. During the winter months, gloves, hats and warm coats are recommended.
Closed toe footwear is essential on both tours.
If you have a camera or small video recording device you can bring it with you.
- Min age: 6 years
- Min weight: 30 kgs (65 lbs)
- Max weight: 125 kgs (275 lbs)
- Ziptrek is an outdoor adventure activity and operates in all weather conditions and sheltered platforms minimise exposure to the elements
- Tours include stair climbing and trail walking. Guests must be able to walk unassisted
- Guests are required to wear sensible closed toed footwear and wear extra layers as it is cooler in the forest canopy
- Ages 6 years old and up (Please advise at time of booking if your child is under 30kg/65lbs as they may be required to go tandem with our experienced guides)
- Upper weight limit 125 kg (275lbs)
- Minimum weight limit of 30 kg (66lbs on the Kea Tour)
- Guest must be a minimum of 15 years old to zip without a guardian
- All minors (18 years and under) require a guardian signature on their waiver
- We encourage you to leave your personal belongings behind as you may be unable to take a backpack or handbag on tour with you
Please note that the bookings are processed manually and please chat to us before making the booking or you can book with us and your booking is confirmed only once confirmed by the tour operator.
24 hour cancellation policy or rescheduling fee may occur.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions