Journey to Milford Sound and experience all the natural wonders and epic waterfalls ex Queenstown or Te Anau
Milford Sound Nature Cruise With Coach Highlights
- Travel on a glass-roof coach, perfect for catching panoramic views on the road to Milford Sound
- Enjoy informative commentary as you drive
- Free Wi-fi and USB ports available
- Guides will show you the best short walks and photo stops along the way
- Possiblity to see New Zealand fur seals and bottlenose dolphins
- Get beneath waterfalls and see towering mountains and native wildlife on a Milford Sound cruise
- Enjoy commentary from specialist nature guides as you travel (foreign language information sheets available)
- Multi-lingual commentary (Korean, Mandarin, Japanese, French, German and Spanish) available on Coach trips
- Pick up/drop off service from selected Queenstown accommodation
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes approximately five hours to get to Milford from Queenstown depending on the time of year and road conditions.
Milford Sound has an abundance of wildlife and is home to New Zealand fur seals and bottlenose dolphins year round. Rare Dusky dolphins are also known to visit the fiord. The world’s rarest penguin, the Fiordland crested penguin, visits Milford during the breeding season (November) and moulting season (March/April). While there is wildlife in Milford Sound, we can’t guarantee sightings as these are wild animals in their natural habitat. A visit to the Milford Sound Underwater Observatory offers more wildlife viewing with an abundance of sea life below the surface.
There are disabled parking spaces outside the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal building. The only vessel with wheelchair access is Pride of Milford (Milford Sound Scenic Cruise) where access to the vessel is by ramp. There are no wheelchair accessible toilets onboard the vessel, instead these are located in the cruise terminal building.
Due to the changeable nature of the weather in Milford, it’s a good idea to bring a waterproof jacket, warm clothing and wear comfortable shoes. Raincoats are provided for passengers on Encounter Nature Cruises and Discover More Cruises.
Reviews for Milford Sound Nature Cruise With Coach
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.