- Luxury transfers from Queenstown accommodation
- Small group with a maximum of 16 passengers
- Multiple scenic stops
- Informative and entertaining commentary
- Complimentary bottled water and wifi onboard the vans
Mount Cook Experience from Queenstown
Experience the unique alpine landscapes of the Southern Alps as you journey from Queenstown to New Zealand’s highest peak, Aoraki Mt Cook.
- Lunch & snacks
- Optional activities at Aoraki Mt Cook National Park
WHAT TO EXPECT
Experience the unique alpine landscapes of the Southern Alps travelling from Queenstown through Mackenzie Country and into Aoraki Mount Cook National Park, with its snow-capped mountains and impressive glaciers. It's also home to Mt Cook, New Zealand's highest mountain that stands at a grand height of 3,724m, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Departing at 7.30 am, start this full-day small-group tour off with pick up from your Queenstown accommodation in one of the premium vehicles. Travel in comfort and style in a Mercedes van fully equipped with panoramic windows for superior viewing with complimentary WiFi and bottled water so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the stunning scenery.
The first stop is Cromwell, ‘Fruit Bowl of the South’ and its large fruit sculptures before heading through the dramatic Lindis Pass. After a brief stop in the quaint village of Omarama to get a snack or food to takeaway for lunch (not included), we’ll make our way along Lake Pukaki’s bright turquoise waters before entering Aokari Mount Cook National Park.
On arrival, take a walk to Lake Mueller for a close-up view of Mt Sefton’s glaciers or take the chance to experience one of the incredible activities Mt Cook has to offer such as Heli Hike on the glacier or a scenic flight (additional cost and weather dependent). Alternatively, hike the Hooker Valley track for incredible views of Aoraki. You’ll then return to Queenstown stopping at High Country Salmon Farm in Twizel for fish feeding (if time allows) and a brief stop in Omarama to get afternoon tea or refreshments (not included).
This tour is limited to a maximum of 16 passengers, ensuring small groups so everyone can enjoy the best New Zealand hospitality on offer as well as lots of fun and informative commentary from your local guide and plenty of off-the-beaten-track visits away from the crowds.
Where we visit:
- Lindis Pass
- Lake Pukaki
- Aoraki Mount Cook National Park
- Lake Mueller
- Mt Sefton’s glaciers
- Hooker Valley track
- High Country Salmon Farm in Twizel
Mount Cook Experience from Queenstown
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What should I bring?
We recommend that you come prepared for almost any weather. Even in Summer, the weather can change quickly and get cold, wet, or windy! Come prepared with an extra warm layer and raincoat if you have one. We also recommend you bring sun lotion, insect repellent, and comfortable footwear.
Are children welcome on the tour?
Kids are more than welcome on all our tours! We have child rates available for all our tours for ages 2-17, and infants under 2 years old travel for free.
While our tours are all suitable for kids, there is a significant amount of driving time on the Mt Cook trip which may not be suitable for very young children. We welcome kids on tour but believe as a parent you know what is best for your child.
We do not provide car seats for infants or young children but we do highly recommend bringing one for your child. If you do not have a car seat, please contact us 48 hours before your tour and we can arrange to hire one for you for an additional fee
- Minimum numbers of four people per tour apply
- Pick up will be from the time and location specified in the order confirmation, please be punctual as the tour may depart without guests if late
- All tours may carry a degree of risk and that by participating in the tour or service provided by the operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and are releasing the operator from any liability, claims, losses, damages, or expenses
- In the event of the tour being cancelled due to road closures or weather or any other reason outside of their control, the operator will offer you the opportunity to reschedule and if this is not possible, arrange a refund
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure time receive no refund, as do no shows
- Cancellation outside of 48 hours will receive a full refund
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews