- 25 minutes of Shotover River jet boat adventure in Queenstown
- Feel a rush of adrenaline as you power down the river at top speeds
- Experience fun 360- degree spins and fishtails!
- Shuttle bus transportation
- Life Jacket (mandatory) and optional splash coat
Shotover River Extreme Jet Boat Ride - Sunrise
Get your heart pumping in the adrenaline capital of the world on Queenstown's famous Shotover Jet Boat Ride!
Buy as a Gift
WHAT TO EXPECT
Are you ready for the thrill of your life?
Experience Queenstown's famous Shotover Jet Boat Ride and get your adrenaline pumping in the adrenaline capital of the world. Journey deep into the Shotover River Canyon as your expert driver whips your Jet Boat skillfully through the dramatically narrow canyons, past rocky outcrops and around crags and boulders. Your 'Big Red' boat will be put through its paces as you reach speeds of up to 85kph while skimming the surface of crystal clear waters that are as shallow as 10cm. Feel the water sprays as do fishtail turns and 360-degree spins that are guaranteed to get your heart pumping! The towering river canyon walls offer a spectacular location for the experience of a lifetime.
You will spend 25 minutes on the water, but please allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the whole trip which includes your return to Queenstown.
Be mindful that there will be a wind-chill factor as you are travelling at high speed - therefore we strongly recommend that you wear warm clothes (jacket, hat and gloves). In summer, don't forget your sunblock and sunglasses are great all year round.
Please note that all bookings are required to be reconfirmed. As soon as you book for a specific day we will send a second email within 6 hours to reconfirm the booking.
Shotover River Extreme Jet Boat Ride - Sunrise
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
2 Adults + 2 Children:
How long is the ride and how do I get there?
You will spend 25 minutes on the water but should allow 1 hour 30 minutes Queenstown return including your 'Jet Boat' ride.
You are welcome to self-drive to our River Base building located at Gorge Road, Arthurs Point or take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, which departs from the ‘The Station’ Information Centre located on the corner of Camp & Shotover Streets in the heart of Queenstown up to every 15 minutes.
What should I wear?
We recommend that you dress for the conditions and simply be mindful that there will be some wind-chill factor as you are travelling at speed. In summer don’t forget your sunblock and some people get concerned that it may be too cold in winter, however simply dress warmly and bring a warm hat and gloves (although our handrails are heated) just like you would for skiing and sunglasses are great year round.
Will I get wet?
Some would argue that it is all part of the fun of the Shotover Jet experience to get a little wet but if you are particularly concerned about your hair style, then we would recommend that you try and sit in the centre seats on the boat. We do provide full length spray jackets to wear under your life jackets but we require you leave all electronic devices in our secure locker storage.
Can I travel if I have an injury?
If you have any specific medical condition including breaks or fractures or you suffer from back or neck problems please advise us at time of booking so we can assess and advise your suitability to travel. Unfortunately if you are pregnant we do not recommend that you ride on the 'Jet Boat'.
Will there be somewhere to leave my belongings?
We have complimentary locker facilities at our Beach Reception Unit just prior to boarding the 'Jet Boat'. However, we do recommend that you leave your valuables at home as these lockers are shared with the others on your boat tour. Unfortunately we can’t be held accountable for any loss that you incur while you are with us.
Can I bring my camera?
You are definitely welcome to bring your camera with you to Shotover Jet as there are plenty of great photo opportunities on the Shotover Jet Beach or from our viewing deck overlooking the Shotover River. However as there is the potential that you may get slightly wet during the trip and more importantly for the safety of yourself and other passengers only HANDS FREE cameras are allowed on the Shotover Jet. These must be mounted in such a way that you can hold on at all times with both hands and not protrude beyond your bodies silhouette or interfere with any other passengers experience. See below for details
Any other personal cameras, video cameras and mobile phones are not permitted on the 'Jet Boats'. A full souvenir photo pack of your Shotover Jet ride is available to purchase and you can also upgrade this to include a 3 minute ‘Jet Cam’ video of your personal trip on Shotover Jet ‘Big Red’ Jet Boat.
HANDS FREE CAMERAS
The approved method of using a hands free camera is using a forehead mount strap. This does not in any way interfere with the people sitting beside or behind you. The cameras included in this are the Go Pro and Sony Action cam. Chest straps are NOT permitted because although they do fit within our requirements the low perspective is unsuitable and we have had ongoing problems with customers standing up in the boats to get a better view! Also not suitable are selfie sticks, wrist strap cameras or similar.
Camera head straps are available for purchase at our base building.
- For safety reasons cameras and video cameras are not permitted aboard
- Professional photo & video packs available for purchase on site immediately after your trip
- Should river conditions on the day dictate, Shotover Jet does reserve the right to extend the minimum child height to 1.2 metres to ensure maximum passenger safety
- Cancellations by the Operator - The Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel or vary any service for any reason including as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any unforeseen event or circumstance. The selling agent and/or Operator accept no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
- If cancelled due to weather or other unforseen circumstances, the customer can opt between rescheduling the activity or recieving a full refund.
- This voucher is non-refundable (other than at the absolute discretion of the Operator) however pre-paid bookings can be altered in accordance with the following:
- Up until 24 hours prior to the date and time of any pre-paid reservation you may change (subject to availability) or cancel your booking at no charge by contacting the Operator directly.
- Within 24 hours of any scheduled reservation any change to the booking is at the absolute discretion of the Operator and may incur a fee up to a maximum of 100% of the price paid for the activity or service.
- In the event that a pre-paid reservation is not utilised by the customer without any notification to the Operator this voucher is deemed to have been used.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions