Immerse yourself in nature with a cruise around Stewart Island's Paterson Inlet, followed by a guided walk at Ulva Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
Ulva Island Explorer Highlights
- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- A scenic & leisurely cruise of Stewart Island's Paterson Inlet onboard a modern & comfortable catamaran
- A 45-min guided walk at Ulva Island Wildlife Sanctuary, home to some incredibly rare native bird species
- An onboard nature guide to provide interesting & informative commentary about the history & nature of the area
- Departs from the meeting point at Stewart Island Ferry Terminal, Stewart Island
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Non-slip shoes/boots, waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket, sunscreen/ sunglasses, insect repellent, camera and personal medication (including for asthma and allergies).
The bird life on Ulva Island and Stewart Island is of exceptional interest, not only because of the presence of high-profile species such as weka, wood pigeon, Stewart Island Robin and kaka, but also because Stewart Island and its small outliers provide a refuge for a range of less well-known birds, among them the NZ dotterel, South Island saddleback, Rifleman, Oystercatcher and the red and yellow-crowned parakeet.
Reviews for Ulva Island Explorer
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.