- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- See all that Waiheke has to offer with their bountiful wine region!
- Spend the day in the beautiful landscape of the Island of Wine
- Avoid the crowds and discover some of Waiheke's off the beaten path vineyards, as you marvel at the rugged and beautiful landscape found at the Eastern End of Waiheke
- Enjoy tastings at three boutique vineyards and sample a full range of their wine offerings
- Dig into an included lunch with a glass of wine or beer at a local restaurant
The Essence of Waiheke Wine TourVisit three of Waiheke’s top vineyards and sample a range of their wines!
- Ferry ride to/from Waiheke Island from Aukland
What to Expect
Spend a day exploring New Zealand’s Island of Wine on this tour! New Zealand’s unique microclimate has helped Waiheke produce some of the world’s most prestigious wines. On this tour, you will visit three local wineries and sample a full range of their wine offerings. After your tastings, you will be treated to lunch and a glass of wine or beer at Three Seven Two, a local esteemed restaurant that focuses on sourcing its ingredients as locally and sustainably as possible.
Waiheke Island measures only 12 miles from east to west and six miles from north to south. It boasts over 25 wineries or vineyards and is well known for its Bordeaux blend wines in addition to other varieties. With its warm, dry climate and longer growing season, many wineries also grow olive trees and produce olive oil alongside its wine production.
As if the wine itself isn’t enough, the landscape is also gorgeous. Brilliant sapphire-coloured water laps against the shores, bright green and deep brown of the vineyards, all framed by a clear blue sky. As you travel to the tour from the ferry, your driver will tell you all about the scenic drive and you’ll learn about the island’s history, geography, people, and culture. You will take in views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula. From postcard-perfect viewsto beautiful wineries and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, we can’t wait to show you everything Auckland and Waiheke have to offer!
Getting there: Catch the 10am Fullers sailing from Downtown Auckland. Time table subject to change. Your ferry to Waiheke will depart from Pier 2 at the downtown ferry terminal, located at 99 Quay Street. You do not need to book this ferry ahead of time, but make sure you turn up at least 20 minutes prior to departure time. The ferry to Waiheke takes 35-45 minutes. When the ferry arrives at Matiatia (the Waiheke Wharf) a driver with the tour will meet you with a sign welcoming you. Lunch is usually around 2 pm, so please ensure you have an adequate breakfast.
09:35: Arrive at The Downtown Ferry Terminal located at 99 Quay Street. Here you can purchase your ferry tickets from the Fullers ticket office.
10:00: Depart Auckland on Fullers sailing to Waiheke Island
10:35: Arrive at Matiatia. You will be greeted on the wharf by the tour, which will commence with a drive along the scenic northern route, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula.
11:00: Visit Mudbrick Vineyard’s wine tasting room, set amongst beautiful gardens with spectacular views looking across the Waitemata Harbour to Auckland city.
12:00: Visit Kennedy Point Vineyard where they produce fully certified organic Syrah, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Rosé wines. Here you will also taste estate-grown olive oil and New Zealand avocado oil.
13:00: Wine tasting at Obsidian Vineyard. Obsidian is tucked away in an amphitheatre setting amongst the vines, they are a boutique winery, established in 1993, with the single objective of producing a great Bordeaux-style red. They now produce ten varietal wines, including several award winners.
14:00: Lunch at Three Seven Two. Three Seven Two is the Metro Peugeot Restaurant of the Year 2019,Best Destination Restaurant, and Best New Restaurant winner. Everything is sourced as locally and sustainably as possible to showcase the quality and talent of Waiheke Island. Included in the tour price is a one-course lunch with a glass of Waiheke wine or beer.
15:30: Pick up from lunch venue
16:00: Depart Waiheke on Fullers sailing back to Auckland
Frequently Asked Questions
You will depart from pier 2 at the Fullers Ferry Terminal in downtown Auckland, located at 99 Quay Street. The ferry takes 35-45 minutes and will arrive at Matiatia (the Waiheke Wharf) where a driver will meet you with a sign welcoming you. Ferry ticket not included in the price of the tour.
Please catch the 10am Fullers sailing from Downtown Auckland. We recommend you arrive 20 minutes prior to departure.
Lunch is usually around 2pm, so be sure to eat breakfast or pack a snack!
We do not recommend this tour for children under the age of 10.
- Itineraries are subject to some variation depending on seasonal vineyard availability and may vary from those advertised. Substitutions of equal quality may be made as required.
- You must be 18 years or over unless accompanied by a legal parent or guardian. The legal drinking age in New Zealand is 18 years of age; proof of identification may be required at wineries.
- Child rates can be provided on request. Please provide your own car restraints for children under 7 years.
- All guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the activity from the Operator at all times.
- Two people are the minimum to start a tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the vehicle.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted inside the vehicle.
- A cleaning fee of up to $100 may apply if the vehicle interior is soiled during the tour.
- Vineyards are legally not allowed to serve clients showing signs of intoxication. If the vineyard chooses not to serve you due to intoxication, no refund for the tour/tasting will be given.
- Water is available at each of the venues. Please bring a reusable/refillable water bottle to help us with our goal to reduce plastic waste on our beautiful Island.
- Full payment is required if cancellation occurs within 48hrs of tour time. Tours cancelled before 48 hours will incur a $25 admin fee.
- If the ferries are cancelled due to extreme weather, or we are unable to operate due to unforeseen circumstances we will offer a full refund.
- Tour requires a minimum of two people to run. If you have booked for a single person, and no others book for that day, we will call you to discuss other options for that day or provide you with a refund.
- Full refund will be issued if cancellation is required due to COVID 19 Government enforced restrictions.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely