- Get up to $10 cash back per person when you book with us
- Discover the culinary delights of Waiheke Island!
- Experience a stunning haven of scenic vineyards, olive groves, and white sand beaches
- Sample some of Waiheke’s famous olive oils at an award-winning olive oil mill
- Enjoy exceptional food and wine pairings at two of the island’s top boutique vineyards
- Savour a variety of treats such as oysters straight from Te Matuku Bay, local wild honey, the famous local green herb spread, and an array of artisan cheeses
- Finish your excursion with a bountiful platter lunch at one of our top vineyard restaurants
Gourmet Food And Wine Tour On Waiheke Island
Enjoy succulent fresh oysters, award-winning olive oil, and other locally-produced specialty foods!
- Ferry ride ticket from/to Auckland
WHAT TO EXPECT
With pristine white-sand beaches and sparkling turquoise waters, stunning natural landscapes in addition to world-class wine and cuisine, it is easy to see why Waiheke Island is considered the jewel of Hauraki Gulf. Although only a short ferry ride from Auckland, you’ll feel like you’re a world away as you sample award-winning olive oils, cuisine, and wine amid gorgeous ocean views.
Waiheke Island is a renowned wine region that produces critically-acclaimed artisan wines and provides a distinctive wine and culinary experience. You will enjoy succulent fresh oysters, award-winning olive oil, and a variety of other delicious locally-produced specialty foods, accompanied by wines from some of the Island’s top boutique vineyards. Your friendly and informative guide will provide entertaining and educational commentary while answering any questions you may have along the way.
You’ll visit an award-winning olive oil mill, followed by two delightful boutique vineyards, each offering a range of gourmet bites to accompany the wines. Treats may include oysters straight from Te Matuku Bay, local wild honey, the famous local green herb spread, and an array of artisan cheeses. Finish the excursion with a bountiful platter lunch at one of our top vineyard restaurants.
For your convenience, enjoy complimentary pickup and drop-off at any local accommodation. All vehicles are owned by the operator and are modern, clean, and well-maintained. With over 20 years in business, the operator is the most experienced tour company on the island and enjoys close relationships with all the featured vineyards, to ensure you get the very best experience. As a locally owned and operated family business, the tour goes the extra mile to offer flexibility and professionalism.
Getting there: Catch the 9am Fullers sailing from Downtown Auckland. Your ferry to Waiheke will depart from Pier 2 at the downtown ferry terminal, located at 99 Quay Street. You do not need to book this ferry but make sure you turn up at least 20 minutes prior to departure time. The ferry to Waiheke takes 35-45 minutes. When the ferry arrives at Matiatia (the Waiheke Wharf) the tour driver will meet you with a sign welcoming you. Lunch is usually around 1.30 pm, so please ensure you have an adequate breakfast.
08:40: Arrive at The Downtown Ferry Terminal located at 99 Quay Street. Here you can purchase your ferry tickets from the Fullers ticket office.
09:00: Depart Auckland on Fullers sailing to Waiheke Island via Devonport.
09:45: Arrive at Matiatia. You will be greeted on the wharf by the tour and will commence with a drive along the scenic northern route, taking in spectacular views of the Hauraki Gulf and beyond to the Coromandel Peninsula.
10:15: Visit Kennedy Point Vineyard where they produce fully certified organic Syrah, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Rosé wines. Here you will also taste estate-grown olive oil and New Zealand avocado oil. The tour will also include some local Te Matuku Bay Oysters and a small cheese board to sample with one of your wines.
11:15: Visit Rangihoua Estate where the first olive oil in the North Island was produced. Rangihoua’s award-winning olive oils have won many accolades since the first pressings.
12:15: Wine tasting at the cellar door of Awaroa Vineyard. Awaroa is a small organic vineyard and winery run by six partners, all with a shared common interest in making the best possible wine, with all viticulture and harvesting done by hand. Here you will enjoy a wine and food pairing platter. Includes cheese, hummus, fruit paste, olives, prosciutto, chocolate brownie.
13:15: Wine tasting and platter style lunch at Stonyridge Vineyard – beverages own expense. Enjoy a relaxing platter style lunch (cold meats, seafood, cheese, vegetables which includes an assortment of meats, salads, bread and dips. Vegetarian options are available upon request.
14:30: Pick up from lunch venue.
15:00: Depart Waiheke on Fullers sailing back to Auckland.
Gourmet Food And Wine Tour On Waiheke Island
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Adult - Includes Lunch:
What time does the tour depart/return?
Enjoy complimentary pickup and drop-off at any local accommodation, or to the Ferry in Auckland. The tour will depart at 9:00am at Fullers Ferry from Auckland and return at 3:45pm.
What's the maximum group size for this tour?
No more than 18 guests per group are permitted.
Can I bring my child on this tour?
This tour is not suitable for guests travelling with children under the age of 10.
What if I have a food allergy/specific diet?
Food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated; Simply let us know in advance. However, the tour is not suitable for vegans.
- The tour requires a minimum of two guests to run.
- No more than 18 guests per group are permitted.
- Please note that our group tours are not suitable for guests travelling with children under the age of 10. If you wish to make a booking, please contact us about a private tour.
- Food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated; Simply let us know in advance. However, this tour is not suitable for vegans.
- Water is available at each of the venues. Please bring a reusable/refillable water bottle to help us with our goal to reduce plastic waste on our beautiful Island.
- Please note that our group tours are not suitable for guests travelling with children under the age of 10 years.
- Full payment is required if cancellation occurs within 48hrs of tour time. Tours cancelled before 48 hours will incur a $25 admin fee.
- If the ferries are cancelled due to extreme weather, or we are unable to operate due to unforeseen circumstances we will offer a full refund.
- Tour requires a minimum of two people to run. If you have booked for a single person, and no others book for that day, we will call you to discuss other options for that day or provide you with a refund.
- Full refund will be issued if cancellation is required due to COVID 19 Government enforced restrictions.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews