- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us!
- Experienced Guide
- Transport to and from Twin Falls Waterfall (ex Wanaka)
- Snacks and lunch/ afternoon tea
- All climbing & safety equipment
- Helicopter Ride
- Hidden Pools
- Suspension Bridges
- Climb behind 60m waterfall
- Reach the top of twin falls
- Incredible views of surrounding mountains and lakes
What to Expect
This is our advanced climb and an absolutely amazing experience! You will climb the entire waterfall to the very top and finish by helicopter. Along the way, you will cross a 3-wire bridge, go behind a 60m waterfall and climb through an airy overhang. Lord of the Rungs is our most advanced climb, suitable for fit adventure seekers with a great head for heights!
We pick you up in Wanaka (self-drive option available also), drive through stunning scenery to the base of the Twin Falls Waterfall. We’ll teach you everything you need to know before starting your climb and you’ll be supported by one of our great guides the whole trip.
- This is the highest waterfall climb in the world! (Includes approximately 5 hour of climbing).
- LOTR climbs approximately 450m vertically and travels through 1000m of terrain.
- Descent is by helicopter.
- This tour is suitable for fit adventure seekers.
- No previous climbing experience required.
- Good fitness is required to climb. You must be able to scramble on hilly terrain for 5-7 hours and support your weight with your arms.
Minimum numbers: Please note this trip must reach a minimum number of 2 to run
- We reserve the right to cancel trips if the minimum number is not reached, or if weather or any other situation should demand this.
- We reserve the right to adjust the tour based on your ability in the interest of your safety
- Please check your emails the day before your trip, or give us a call to confirm departure time.
- Cancellations or changes within 10 days may incur a NZ$50 cancellation fee
- No refunds will apply to cancellations within 48hrs of the departure date
- Our trips DEPART at the designated trip time, no refund will be given for late arrivals.
- No refund will be given if you choose to, or do not have the ability to complete your booked climb.
- You are able to downgrade, but no refund will be given.
- Some promotional bookings may be totally non-refundable, this will be clearly identified in that booking section
- We reserve the right to cancel if weather or any other situation should demand this and a full refund will be given.
- Meet at Waterfall
Reviews for Lord of the Rungs Waterfall Climb
Get Instant Confirmation