- Travel to beautiful Ruby Island aboard a luxury 16 m catamaran
- Enjoy a self-guided photo walk around the island
- Discover the island's fascinating history
- Wander through a mixture of exotic and native plants
- Enjoy incredible mountain and lake views
- Make the most of some fantastic photo opportunities
- Save NZD $10 per Adult when you book with Backpacker Deals
Ruby Island Cruise & Scenic Walk
Take a relaxing cruise to Ruby Island, wander around this hidden paradise and take in the natural scenery and outstanding views.
Buy as a Gift
Why do we love this
This is the perfect way to see the "jewel of Wanaka." We love that the walk on this tour is self-guided, meaning total flexibility and the chance to stop and explore whenever you fancy.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Welcome to the jewel of Wanaka. Ruby Island is a paradise just waiting to be discovered. With mountain views behind you and vistas of Lake Wanaka in front, your adventure here will be one you'll never forget.
Your trip starts at the Wanaka lakefront, where you'll board the luxury 16 m catamaran and begin your cruise out to the island.
Pulling into a secluded beach once you arrive, you'll be in awe of the wild beauty and nature that awaits.
Your walk here is self-guided, meaning you can take your time exploring and wandering the island's length. There are exotic and native plants to discover, lake views to photograph and mountains to take in... Ruby Island is also home to some intriguing history dating back to the days of prohibition.
There'll be plenty of photo opportunities on your journey, so make sure that camera is fully charged!
The Island walk takes 20 minutes and rises 20 metres above the beach on an average track. It's advised you'll need an average level of fitness and mobility for this experience, but you can remain on the boat or at the beach on the island if you prefer! You're also able to complete just a section of the walk.
This is a 1-hour trip, departing 11 am and 1 pm.
Please wear rugged soled outdoor shoes or boots with a good tread for grip. Kids 12 & under are free.
Ruby Island Cruise & Scenic Walk
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
Adult 16+ Years:
Ruby Child (5 - 15 yrs):
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this experience is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Both the Operator and any Agent (including their respective employees, agents, officers and directors) exclude, to the fullest extent possible under law, all and any liability for any loss, damage or injury (whether direct or indirect or consequential, however arising) suffered by the Guest or any person associated with the Guest in relation to the booked activity.
- All activities have elements of risk and all guests undertaking any Activity do so voluntarily and at their own risk. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, all warranties, representations and implied terms are also excluded.
- All Guests agree to adhere to any instructions in relation to the Activity from the Operator at all time. These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.
- No refunds within 24 hours of departure unless the Operator cancels the activity due to waterway or weather conditions. Otherwise, refunds are granted solely at the discretion of the Operator according to the Operator's cancellation policy. Refunds may only be obtained from the Operator. Note that any transaction fees are not refundable.
- The Operator reserves all rights to cancel any Activity at its discretion for (but not limited to) any of the following reasons: a) waterway, road or weather conditions; b) lack of numbers participating in the Activity; c) unsuitability of Guest(s) due to reasons such as age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication or any other reasons rendering a Guest unsuitable or unfit to participate in the Activity; d) any other circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of the Operator.