- Float in a hot air balloon over the beautiful Barossa Valley at sunrise for one hour
- Soak in the scenery and views of the wine region
- Enjoy a delicious Barossa breakfast
- Group trip from base to launch site
- Balloonatics Certificate Presentation
- About 5 hours total of activity
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Barossa Valley
Watch the sun rise over the Barossa Valley from a hot air balloon!
Buy as a Gift
- CD of Photos & Souvenirs for purchase
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fly in a hot air balloon over Barossa Valley! This local tour has been operating since 1986 and is excited to share their passion for hot air ballooning. An experienced pilot will provide commentary and a safe flight over the wine region. This has been inducted into TripAdvisor's Hall of Fame for its reputation for professionalism, excellence, and safety.
Hot air balloons are fascinating and a great way to see a place at a slow pace! A lot of people wonder how they fly — but it's simple! Hot air balloons fly because hot air rises. Hot air rises because it is less dense than the cooler air around it and so it tends to ‘float’ on the cooler air. The tour uses a burner to heat the air in the balloon until it is hotter than the air outside the balloon. Once it is, the balloon will rise, carrying the group with it. If the pilot were to allow the balloon to cool, it would begin to do descend as it becomes the same temperature as the outside air. If the pilot were to let some of the hot air out of the balloon, the same thing would happen because there would no longer be enough hot air in the balloon to lift the group.
The flying height depends on the winds on the day. At different heights, there are different wind layers in which the wind has different speeds and directions. On an average flight, this tour travels from tree-top level up to one and four thousand feet high (several hundred metres).
The tour flies early in the morning because the winds are at their calmest at that time. Also, a lower ambient temperature means that it is easier to get the balloon off the ground and keep it in the air because we don’t have to heat it to such a high temperature. This in turn means the tour doesn't use so much gas and can fly for longer. And of course, the valley looks so pretty at sunrise! After the flight, enjoy a delicious breakfast with your group and receive a certificate of completion for doing one of the coolest activities in South Australia!
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Barossa Valley
|11:00AM - 12:00PM|
Monday, 29-04-2016 11:00 AM - 12:00PM
How many participants are there?
What type of clothing should I wear?
Wear something warm as it will probably be cold when we start out. It might be a good idea to bring a hat of some kind as the heat from the burner flame can sometimes be quite noticeable. Also, you will need a pair of good, sturdy shoes.
How cold does it get up there?
Generally it doesn’t get much colder ‘up there’ than what it is on the ground. You don’t feel any wind because you are moving at the same speed as the wind. We also find that the burner acts as a pretty good heater.
Can you steer the balloon?
The balloon goes where the wind goes, so the tour has a lot of different launch sites to choose from. Also, the wind does go in different directions at different altitudes and so, by ascending and descending, the tour can take advantage of this to choose a wind direction which is as close to the direction we want as possible.
How high do you fly?
Like so many things in ballooning, this flight height depends on the winds on the day. At different heights, there are different wind layers in which the wind has different speeds and directions. On an average flight, this tour goes from tree-top level up to between one and four thousand feet (several hundred metres).
Where is the meeting place?
The address to meet at is 71 Stonewall Road, Nuriootpa.
Just a few minutes drive from Tanunda and Nuriootpa
Adelaide CBD is about 75km away. Please allow 50-60 minutes to drive.
- The term ‘flight’ in addition to transportation in a balloon shall where applicable include transportation for the passenger in any motor vehicle owned or operated by or on behalf of Balloon Adventures (herein called the Operator).
- The Operator is a private carrier and is not a common carrier.
- Flights shall be governed by such Conditions Regulations and Conventions as are in force in South Australia and the Operator shall be entitled to the benefit of every exclusion or limitation of liability permitted by such Conditions Regulations and Conventions or the law generally.
- Subject to Clause 3, the Operator shall be under no liability to the Passenger, his/her personal representatives or dependents for his/her death or any loss, injury, damage or claims howsoever caused and either caused directly or indirectly to him/her or his/her belongings in respect of or arising out of the Flights or any other services or operations of the Operator, its agents, servants or representatives and the Passenger by acceptance of this Ticket for him/herself, his/her personal representatives and dependents hereby releases and discharges the Operator its agents servants or representatives from all claims against the Operator for compensation for death, loss, injury, damage, delay or claim of whatsoever nature or howsoever caused whether sustained on board the balloon or in any motor vehicle as aforesaid or in the course of any of the operations of flight, transportation, embarking or disembarking or otherwise, caused directly or indirectly to him/her or his/her belongings or to any other person who except for this condition, might have been entitled to make a claim, and whether caused or occasioned by act, neglect, negligence or default of the Operator, its servants or agents or representatives or otherwise howsoever.
- The Operator reserves the right to cancel any flight for any reason whatsoever or to terminate any flight at any stage after the commencement thereof without compensation to the Passenger.
- The Operator is hereby contracting as an agent for and on behalf of any agents servants or representatives of the Operator and the benefit of any exclusion or limitation of liability of the Operator under these conditions expressed or implied shall apply to the agents, servants, or representatives of the Operator who have no authority to alter, modify or waive any condition expressed or implied herein.
- The conditions of this Ticket shall continue to apply despite any event, act, default, negligence, neglect of the Operator or its agents, servants or representatives which may be construed as a fundamental breach of this contract.
- If any portion of these conditions is invalid or unenforceable the rest shall not thereby be affected.
- The Operator will not reimburse any travelling, accommodation or other expenses incurred by you or any other person in the event of a cancellation.
- The conditions of this Ticket shall be construed according to and be governed by the laws of South Australia and any action against the Operator shall be brought only in a South Australian court.
- Ballooning may involve some risks not found in everyday life. The Passenger, by acceptance of this Ticket, accepts those risks.
- Plan A is to fly over the Barossa, but sometimes the weather conditions don’t allow that to happen, but we do have a Plan B, which is to fly over the Murray River. If plan B does not work, plan C is to go back home to bed. You accept the pilot’s decision on where to fly on the day.
- If you should wish to cancel or alter your booking less than 14 days before the day of your flight, we reserve the right to keep the payment, or forfeit your gift voucher at our discretion.
- However, if your flight is cancelled by us for any reason, e.g. adverse weather (safety is our first concern and we will not fly if conditions are unsuitable) we will be happy to re-book you at your convenience or refund the payment in full.
- As ballooning is very weather dependant, the flight may or may not happen on the first time you attempt to fly. If the flight is cancelled due to unsuitable flying conditions a rebook must be made prior to the expiry date. Extensions will only be considered if you have tried to fly within 12 months, but the flights have been cancelled by us due to unsuitable weather conditions.
- If you are late you may miss your flight. Note that if you miss your flight you will lose your payment or forfeit your gift voucher.
- If your flight is cancelled by the tour for any reason, (e.g. adverse weather – safety is our first concern and we will not fly if conditions are unsuitable) we will be happy to re-book you at your convenience (subject to availability and minimum passenger numbers met) or refund the payment in full.
Read full supplier's terms & conditions
Buy as a Gift
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews