- Ocean Safari at Cape Tribulation
- Visit two reef sites – Mackay and Undine Reefs
- 2 hours exploring the underwater world and swimming with turtles
- Reef interpretation and eco presentations
- Choice of Whitsundays Ocean Rafting Tour – Northern Exposure or Southern Lights
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Guided National Park walks
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Afternoon tea
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkelling equipment and personalised snorkelling instruction
- Courtesy bus transfers
- Marine Park and National Park fees
- Sunsuit/Wetsuit Hire
- Drinks & snacks
What to Expect
This ocean safari and rafting package is ideal for people travelling along Queensland's tropical coast. You'll get to enjoy an ocean adventure in both the stunning Whitsundays departing from Airlie Beach, and from the incredible Cape Tribulation further north.
Up in Cape Tribulation, enjoy an exhilarating ocean safari ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast. This half-day eco-tour visits 2 different snorkel destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species. After a 25 minute ride, guests are ready to snorkel the fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs. On most days, the rainforest can be seen along the mainland beach while snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef alongside sea turtles, which are found in abundance swimming over reefs full of colourful coral, along with myriads of tropical fish, eagle rays, giant clams and starfish.
Travel further south and choose from 1 of 2 exciting Whitsunday tour options – the Northern Exposure or Southern Lights. Each includes an exhilarating ride to world-famous Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Beach and Lookout, pristine snorkelling reefs and guided Whitsunday Island National Parks walks, all in one day! The main difference between the two tours is that the Northern Exposure offers more snorkelling time and the Southern Lights has more beach time.
Whichever you choose, you'll visit the wild side of the Whitsunday Islands, with uninhabited islands, and beautiful natural scenery brimming with marine, bird and animal life. This is the only tour operator to have direct access to the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach and special snorkel sites at Hook Island and Border Island ensure a memorable underwater experience.
Experience adrenalin-fuelled action while exploring on the custom-built semi-rigid inflatable vessels, travelling at speeds of up to 35 knots (65 km/hour). The vessels are up to 12-metre semi-rigid inflatable vessels, originally designed and built as rescue crafts and are driven by 500hp engines, allowing you to experience a fun, high-speed ride amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays.
Where we visit:
- Cape Tribulation
- Mackay Reef
- Undine Reef
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet Beach & Lookout
- Whitsunday Island National Park
Frequently Asked Questions
On your ocean adventure you should bring:
- A bag including a towel and hat
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling
- Cameras in a waterproof case
- Lunch if you choose not to add it on as an optional inclusion
- Cash for water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates for sale onboard
- A sense of humour is always welcome!
Cape Tribulation Ocean Safari:
- Check-in time for the morning tour begins at 7.40 am. We advise any guests making their own way arrive no later than 8.00 am
- Check-in time for the afternoon tour begins at 11.40 am. We advise any guests making their own way arrive no later than 12.00 pm.
Whitsundays Ocean Rafting:
- Check-in for the Northern Exposure tour starts at 7:45 am. We advise any guests that are making their own way to our office for check in to arrive between 8 am – 8:15 am.
- Check-in for the Southern Lights tour starts at 9 am. We advise any guests that are making their own way to our office for check in to arrive between 9 am – 9:15 am.
Certain times of the year are stinger season (usually between late October – April/May). At this time of the year, we do highly recommend hiring a stinger suit. These will cover around 90% of your body, fins will cover the majority of your feet and your mask will cover some of your face, leaving less than 5% of your body exposed. Wet suits are available for hire during the winter months, which simply provide you with an extra layer of warmth whilst snorkelling. The hiring of stinger suits and wetsuits can be arranged upon check-in.
If you are not a confident swimmer, please make sure that you tell the office team when you check-in as well as the crew onboard the vessel as they will assist you if you wish to snorkel. We also offer life jackets and pool noodles on board for extra buoyancy.
Yes, we provide snorkels, masks, fins and stinger/wet suits are available for hire. You are welcome to bring your own if you have them.
No, please bring your own. Otherwise, we do have them for hire for $8 at reception.
We have a range of prescription masks available for hire for $15. These can be arranged at check-in. Please note we DON’T have these on the boat and must therefore be pre-arranged with reception prior to departure.
Some of the vessels have a toilet on board (only to be used when the boat is stationary) and there are toilet facilities located at the check-in office.
The ocean safari boats are suitable for most ages from 4 years upwards (weather permitting). The ocean rafting boats are suitable for most ages from 6 months upwards (weather permitting).
Tours are not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or for women who are pregnant.
Due to the open-style design and speed with which our vessels travel, it is very rare for guests to experience seasickness on board, unlike slower vessels where you experience a slow-rocking motion that can cause seasickness. The most common time for passengers to ever feel nauseous on the water would be when the vessel has stopped. We welcome anyone that is prone or worried about seasickness to take any necessary medication prior to travelling.
You are welcome to bring cameras or phones for the day. Although we do have dry boxes under the seats which are designed to keep your belongings safe, any electrical and personal belongings brought on board are at your own risk. We take no responsibility for items lost or damaged during the day.
No, we do not rent GoPros or cameras.
Our staff will be using Go-Pros to take photos throughout your day. A link to preview these photos will be emailed to the address that you provided upon check-in 72 hours after travel. These photos will then be available to purchase online. The cost for one photo is $6, or for 10 or more photos, the cost is $3 per photo. If you do not wish to have your photos taken during the day for any reason, please just let our staff know prior to departure.
Reviews for Ocean Safari & Ocean Rafting Two Trips Deal
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
- Tour itinerary is a guideline only and is subject to change depending on tide, wind and other weather conditions
- Departure times may sometimes be weather and tidal dependant
- The operator cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to the actions of the clients which are beyond our control
- Tours are not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or who are pregnant. t
- A signed release will be required from all participants on departure
- Cancellations up to 5 pm the night before departure date receive a 97% refund
- Cancellations after 5 pm night before departure date – no refund
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Adventure Whitsunday Resort
- Airlie Apartments on Airlie Crescent
- Airlie Beach Apartments
- Airlie Beach Hotel
- Airlie Beach Motor Lodge
- Airlie Central Apartments
- Airlie Guest House at 8 Lamond Street
- Airlie Waterfront Backpackers
- Airlie Waterfront Bed & Breakfast
- Azure Sea
- Base Backpackers
- Beach Court Holiday Villas
- Blue Horizons
- Boathaven Resort
- Bush Village
- Colonial Palms
- Coral Sea Resort
- Coral Sea Vista
- Discovery Park
- Fat Frog
- Greyhound bus terminal at Port of Airlie
- Heart Hotel
- Island Drive bus stop
- Island Gateway Holiday Park
- Island View B'n'B
- Islands Inn Motel
- Jubilee Tavern bus stop
- Macarthur Drive
- Mango House Resort
- Mantra Boathouse Apartments
- Mantra Club Croc
- Marina Shores
- Martinique Resort
- Mediterranean Resort
- Mirage Whitsundays
- Myaura B & B
- Not Sure
- Own Way
- Paradise Court
- Penninsula Apartments
- Peppers Airlie Beach
- Pinnacles Resort & Spa
- Police station
- Portside Whitsunday
- Private accommodation
- Reef Gateway Hotel
- Reefside Villas
- Reflections Apartments
- Seabreeze Caravan Park
- Seastar Apartments
- Seaview Apartments
- Serene Apartments
- Shingley Beach Resort
- Stewart Drive
- Summit Apartments
- Sunlit Waters
- To be confirmed TBA
- Toscana Village Resort
- Waters Edge Resort
- Waterview Apartments on Airlie Crescent
- Waves Apartments
- Whitsunday Hardware Bus Stop
- Whitsunday Moorings B&B
- Whitsunday Plaza
- Whitsunday Rainforest Retreat
- Whitsunday Terraces
- Whitsunday Vista Resort
- Whitsunday Waterfront Retreat
- Whitsundays Tropical Eco Resort
Book your experience stress-free and know we're here to help.
Get Instant Confirmation