- Return transfers from selected accommodations
- Transport in a luxury vehicle with a drive/guide
- Visits to 4 wineries, including tastings
- Private behind-the-scenes tour of a winery
- Additional food & wine purchases
What to Expect
Spend a full day exploring Western Australia's Mt Barker wine region. This region has a characteristically cool climate with slow ripening times which allows for the development of rich flavours and quality grape juice.
Your wine tasting journey begins at Gilbert Wines, a family owned-and-run winery that's been producing incredible wines for four generations. Try award-winning wines from the Premium range and the 3 Devils or 3 Lads wine, named after founder's Jim and Bev Gilbert's three sons. There's also JMG, the newest collection which pays tribute to Jim, and Alira and Rose, a nod to Bev. Being the first stop of the day, there's also a cafe if you prefer a coffee!
Next up is Plantagenet wines, where you'll enjoy a guided walk through the back rooms on a private tour of the cellar workings before you are taken to the tasting bench. This pioneering family-owned winery began in 1968 and was one of the first wineries in the Great Southern Region. Feel free to purchase a glass to accompany a scrumptious shared platter lunch of local produce.
After lunch, it's on to Galafrey Wines, another family winery. The cellar door is surrounded by bushland and is home to Bruce, the winery dog. They grow a variety of grapes from chardonnay, cabernet sauvignon, and pinot noir, plus a unique, low-acid variety called Muller-Thurgau. Enjoy a tasting here, and don't be afraid to add to your take-home collection of bottles.
The final stop is West Cape Howe Wines, which is committed to making very drinkable wines. Here, you can sample wine, olive oil or their own brand of coffee, which is roasted on-site.
Where we visit:
- Gilbert Wines
- Galafrey Wines
- West Cape Howe Wines
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few small things that are recommended to make your trip more enjoyable:
- warm clothing and rain jacket
- water bottle (1L)
- camera with LOTS of memory and battery
We can arrange meals to cater for all dietary requirements including vegetarian, gluten-free. Please advise when booking (a small surcharge may apply).
- Minimum 2 passengers required for all tours
- Children are not permitted on tours unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. However, where a child requires an additional seat restraining device, this should be advised at time of booking
- Passengers should arrive at their departure point 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- The operator reserves the right to refuse travel to a passenger who does not abide by a minimum dress standard of a shirt, trousers/shorts/skirt and footwear
- Intoxicated passengers may be refused travel, at the driver's discretion
If you wish to cancel your tour, the following cancellation fees apply:
- More than 48 hours notice before the tour – full refund
- Less than 48 hours notice before the tour – no refund
- No refund is given if a passenger fails to board service
- Ace Motel
- Albany Harbourside Apartments
- Albany Motel & Apartments
- Albany Visitor Centre
- Big4 Middleton Beach
- Dog Rock Motel
- Dolphin Lodge
- Dunmoylen House
- Hilton Gardens Hotel
- ibis Styles
- My Place
- Quality Suites Banksia Gardens
- Six Degrees
- Sleepwell Motel
- The Beach House at Bayside
- The Clarence on Melville
Reviews for Mt Barker Grape Escape
Get Instant Confirmation