- Get up to $20 cash back per person when you book with us
- Option of 30 minute or 60 minute scenic flight
- Incredible views of the MacDonnell Ranges and Owen Springs Cattle Station
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine or juice and breakfast snacks
- Transfers to and from your Alice Springsaccommodation
- Transfers to the airport or other tours (available on request)
- A commemorative flight certificate!
Hot Air Balloon Flight Alice SpringsExperience breathtaking views of Australia's Red Centre on a 30 minute or 60 minute hot air balloon flight from Alice Springs
What to Expect
There are few things more mesmerising than silently floating above the Australian outback on a hot air balloon.
Get the chance to experience this luxury for yourself as you take to the skies of Australia's great Red Centre, on this 30 minute or 60 minute flight departing Alice Springs.
With complimentary pickups from your Alice Springs accomodation, early departure times between 4:15am and 5:45am will ensure you catch the breathtaking sunrise views on time, and make the early alarm all the more worth it!
From there, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will drive you to your launch site, approximately 15km south of Alice Springs, where you will board your hot air balloon. Ascend slowly over the MacDonnell Ranges as the sun begins to rise, casting light on these incredible mountain formations. Float over the expansive terrain of the Central Australian Outback, being sure to look out for wildlife along the way. You may have the opportunity to spot red kangaroos, wild camels, native birds and other creatures. Flight distance will typically range between 10km and 20km depending on the which tour you book and weather conditions on the day.
Then, prepare to make your descent back to land. For those looking for a more hands-on experience, once you're back on the ground, you can help assist the crew in packing the balloon back into its bag. Otherwise, relax and enjoy a bit of free time to take photographs of the beautiful surrounding landscape. You will also have some time to enjoy a delectable spread of sweet and savoury treats including muffins, slices, biscuits, cheese and fruit, plus a glass of sparkling wine or juice. If you'd like a memento to remember your journey, an assortment of ballooning souvenirs will be available for purchase. All participants will also go home with their very own commemorative flight certificate!
Once you've finished your refreshments and taken your photos, you will be transferred back to your Alice Springs accommodation.
Please note: Mandatory Civil Aviation Authority Insurance ($30 per person) is payable direct to the supplier on the morning of the tour.
- Early Morning Hot Air Balloon Flight - 30 Minutes - Backpackers DealExperience the breathtaking feeling of floating silently above the Australian outback as the morning light begins to illuminate the MacDonnell Ranges on this awe-inspiring adventure. Enjoy light refreshments and sparkling wine upon landing.
FromAUD $285Check AvailabilityNext available 28 Sep 2022
- Early Morning Hot Air Balloon Flight - 60 MinutesExperience the breathtaking feeling of floating silently above the Australian outback as the morning light begins to illuminate the MacDonnell Ranges on this awe-inspiring adventure. Enjoy light refreshments & sparkling wine upon landing.
FromAUD $369Check AvailabilityNext available 28 Sep 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
The supplier has a large fleet of balloons suitable for 2-4 people, up to 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 people in one balloon depending on number of bookings on the day.
Balloons fly within 1000ft above the ground level. The weather will determine how high balloons fly on the morning.
Outdoor clothing (preferably not white if you want it to stay that way), long pants and hat or cap are recommended. Enclosed flat heel shoes are essential. Because it can be cool before sunrise, layers are advised. Loose items such as dangling jewellery and scarves are not permitted once passengers reach the launch site.
Yes. The minimum age recommended is 6 years old.
We can take children aged between 3-5 years, however we don’t personally recommend it, because of these reasons:
- Children under 6 generally can’t see over the side of basket (1.2 metres high) although they can look through foot holes
- The noise of the burners or the fire itself can scare young children, we recommend earplugs
- Children cannot be lifted, carried or in a carrier during the flight. Everyone must have feet on the floor
As long as you have considered this information and think your 3 and 4 year old will enjoy the experience, then we are happy to have your child on board.
Standard children’s pricing applies.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority Insurance is mandatory for all passengers. This insurance charge is $30 and applies to all passengers regardless of age. This insurance component is payable separately by cash or credit card on the morning of the flight direct to the supplier.
Depending on many operational factors, which vary each day, passengers may be on the ground or in the balloon when the sun is actually coming over the horizon or rising - either way, you will still see an amazing dawn.
Regarding 60 minute flights: On occasion, the flight time may be two separate, sequential 30 minute flights taken one directly after the other with a short changeover in between the two flights, depending on operational restrictions. Passengers will be notified the day prior should this be the case on the day of their flight.
Check with your medical practitioner if you have a pre-existing medical condition that may be affected by the physical nature of hot air ballooning.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules and regulations and the supplier's policy prevent the supplier from flying women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy must be advised in advance.
In the unfortunate event you should have to alter or cancel your booking certain fees & conditions apply:
No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 24 hours before the flight.
You will be charged the full cost of your flight if you fail to show for your flight no matter what the reason. No refunds or flight rescheduling are allowed.
Reviews for Hot Air Balloon Flight Alice Springs
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely