Explore the West MacDonnell Ranges, also known as Tjoritja by the traditional owners - it’s one of Australia’s best-kept secrets!
West MacDonnell Ranges (Tjoritja) Tour from Alice Springs Highlights
Get up to 10% cash back per person when you book with us
A full-day tour to West MacDonnell National Park, known by the traditional owners as Tjoritja
Guided bush walks (3-4km)
Cool off at Ellery Creek Big Hole
See the UNESCO-listed Ochre Pit mineral rockface
Refresh within the towering walls of Ormiston Gorge
Try for a glimpse of the shy black-footed-rock-wallaby at Simpsons Gap
Lunch and snacks
Standley Chasm park entry fee
Services of an outback driver-guide, & transport onboard an air-conditioned mini-coach
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2L refillable water bottle
Wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
Swimwear & towel
Comfortable walking shoes (with tread and closed-toe)
Warm and cool clothing
Tropical strength insect repllent & flynet
Small day pack (5-7kg)
Money for snacks and meals
The weather in the Northern Territory can fluctuate and be extreme. It is not unheard of for temperatures to reach over 40+ degrees Celsius in the dry season, and the temperature drops dramatically in the evening. Please ensure you have checked the average temperatures for the time of year you are travelling and have packed adequate clothing. In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead unless contacted by the provider.
A moderate level of fitness is required to complete the walks; some areas of the West MacDonnell Ranges consist of rocky terrain and steep walking tracks.
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your travel experience will still go ahead unless contacted by the provider. This tour would only be cancelled in extreme weather conditions, whereby it’s not safe to travel into West MacDonnell Ranges.
The child policy for this tour is 6 years old and over. Due to the nature of this tour, it’s not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children must be supervised at all times, and guests must keep to the marked tracks and designated visitor areas.
Reviews for West MacDonnell Ranges (Tjoritja) Tour from Alice Springs
Total review count and overall rating based on Backpackerdeals and Travello reviews.
We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your feedback with us, and get rewarded!
All customer cancellation & refund requests are also subject to our website’s own refund conditions.
- Alice Motor Inn - 25-27 Undoolya Rd East Alice Springs
- Alice on Todd Apartments - 1 Strehlow St The Gap
- Alice Springs YHA - Cnr Parsons St Leichhardt Terrace
- Best Western Elkira Court Motel - 65 Bath St Alice Springs
- Crowne Plaza Lasseters - 93 Barrett Dr Alice Springs
- Desert Palms Alice Springs - 74 Barrett Dr Alice Springs
- DoubleTree Hilton Alice Springs -82 Barrett Dr Alice Springs
- Gday Mate Tourist Park - 23 Palm Circuit Ross Alice Springs
- Haven Backpacker Resort - 3 Larapinta Dr Alice Springs
- Mercure Alice Springs Resort -34 Stott Terrace Alice Springs
- Quest Alice Springs - 10 South Terrace Alice Springs
- Stay at Alice Springs Hotel Aurora - 11 Leichhardt Terrace
- Swagmans Rest Apartments The - 67 Gap Rd Alice Springs
- To Be Advised - Please call 48hrs prior to reconfirm