- Get up to $50 cash back per person when you book with us
- Comfortable camping accommodation along route
- 2 days kayaking with all equipment provided
- Day 1: Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner - included
- Day 2: Breakfast, morning tea and lunch - included
- Transfers to and from start and finish location
- Campfire cooking to really get in the outdoors spirit
- Waterproof dry bags to keep your equipment safe
Kayak Camping Tour - Departing Batemans BayLoad up your kayak with all the essentials and discover a camping destination like no other as you explore the South Coast of NSW on this overnight adventure
What to Expect
Explore and experience the New South Wales' east coast from a new perspective on this unforgetable two day, one night kayaking and camping adventure.
Designed for those looking for a self-sufficient adventure that goes deeper into the enjoyment of exploring, load up your kayak with all the essentials before setting out to find a destination to camp, explore and enjoy!
With all meals included, this tour is as comfortable as it is adventurous, and is a magical experience for all to enjoy. From kayaking through the rivers and bays and along the coastline to spending an evening under the stars and around a campfire, relax and unwind on this sustainable journey.
Where we visit:
Day 1: Meet your guide and the rest of the team in the morning of your first day for the briefing and pack your equipment into the provided waterproof dry bags. You'll then be instructed on how to load your sea kayaks in an informative presentation. The water safety team will then issue you with your safety gear before training you on the use of the sea kayaks before you depart.
Your journey will take you along the various sea and riverscapes that shape the amazing South Coast of NSW - from temperate forests, to clean clear waters, free rivers and an array of amazing wildlife.
While spotting wildlife is always a highlight, whales are common in spring, dolphins, a range of sea birds, seals and more are possible all year round the true feeling of freedom comes from paddling away from the hustle and bustle of the city and exploring silent nature.
The otherwise inaccessible sections of coast and river that you'll visit boasts wonderful places to stop en route. You can choose any number of locations to land for a lunch break, a swim, a walk, relax on shore or make camp.
The afternoon is yours to relax, enjoy, read a book, take a walk or simply do nothing.
The evening meal is a social affair; preparing and eating together is a great way to catch up with the other guests on the kayak journey, share stories, a drink, and enjoy the outdoors by the fire.
Day 2: After breakfast, leisurely pack up camp before visiting some amazing scenery along the course of the day - stopping wherever and whenever we feel we need to. The tour concludes mid afternoon before your transfer to your vehicles. Continue your journey home or stay local for a few days, as there's so much more in Bateman's Bay to discover!
Your tour departure will be confirmed the afternoon/evening prior to your tour. This is because the supplier will select the route for your tour based on the weather and swell conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sun protection: Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
Drinking water: One bottle per person
Clothes you are happy to get wet (board shorts, t-shirt, activewear)
Any prescription medication
A towel and a change of clothes for after the tour
Shoes suitable for coastal walking (water shoes, sandals, sneakers, thongs are NOT recommended)
Leave valuables like jewellery and mobile phones behind in your car. If you would like to take your mobile phone in order to take photos, we recommend you carry it in a waterproof phone case. If you don’t have one, you can purchase one from us at the beginning of your tour. Please keep in mind we take photos of your experience which you will receive the following day, free of charge.
Our tours operate in rain or shine! The only time we would postpone, cancel or alter the route of a tour is if the swell and wind are not suitable, if it is storming or a torrential downpour. Rain can lead to a truly magical kayaking experience.
Itinerary is used as a guide only
The supplier chooses the best itinerary after checking weather and chatting to our group about their experience and or special interests
The meeting point and tour direction for the days will be chosen using the wind and swell to aid our journey
We use stable touring Sea Kayaks for these tours, and the tour is recommended for anyone who loves camping
In the event of inclement weather making conditions unsafe, we choose more protected paddling locations
Product is not transferrable within 24 hours of departure date.
Weather - where the tour is cancelled due to weather, alternate routes or date may be sought.
COVID Cancellation Policy
- Any cancellation due to COVID-related government restrictions beyond guest and operator control, received by the supplier more than 14 days prior to tour departure is eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations within 14 days, the supplier offers a 70% refund, and 30% (or equal to tour deposit) will be issued as a voucher to re-book, with a 3-year validity.
- Flights and travel to each tour start location are not the supplier's responsibility and not covered in this policy, travellers wishing to redeem loss of travel expenses will need to consult their travel insurance policy (recommended) or the transport company (plane, train, bus).
Standard Cancelation Policy (non covid reasons)
- Any cancelations prior to 7 days are eligible for a full refund. If you cancel your tour within 7 days the supplier does not give refunds of your tour or hire departure, you can choose another date, store credit or gift your experience to a friend.
- A full refund will apply to tours cancelled by the supplier due to inclement weather or any safety reason if the tour cannot be rebooked to the customer’s satisfaction.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely