- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us!
- 4hr 30min whale watching cruise
- Whale Sightings Guaranteed or we offer a complimentary cruise for you on the next available departure if you don’t sight any whales on your day of travel.
- Gourmet picnic lunchbox including chicken, ham, garden salad, potato salad, fruit and more
- A licensed bar, snack and souvenir counter is available for additional purchases
- Extensive and informative commentary
- A portion of every ticket is donated to ongoing whale research with various whale organisations
What to Expect
Of all the great whales, the Humpback is the most surface active displaying behaviour that will not only inspire you but leave you in awe. There quite clearly is no better place to observe the mighty Humpback Whales than Brisbane’s Moreton Bay, acknowledged as one of the world’s best whale-watching destinations in the world.
Come onboard the magnificent Eye-Spy for this encounter with the whales. The vessel is a high-speed, air-conditioned luxury catamaran, and represents the ultimate in ‘whale friendly’ design and technology, including low noise skewback propellers and low wash characteristic hull design. It also boasts 3 levels, 6 outdoor viewing decks, and a large bow for spacious unobstructed viewing. An underwater microphone allows you to listen in on the whales as they communicate by grunting, moaning and singing while an underwater GoPro gives you a different perspective of the whales and their behaviour.
The boat works in collaboration with the Sky Spy aircraft, which uses aviation radio communication to relay to the Eye Spy the exact location of the whales. This reduces transit time to the sighting grounds whilst also providing guests with up to the minute whale behaviour commentary.
Enjoy a beautiful, gourmet picnic lunchbox as you look on in awe as these amazing gentle giants relax in your company, breach, blow and play all within meters from the boat.
Located 30 minutes north of the Brisbane CBD on the beautiful Redcliffe Peninsula, this is a luxury whale watching adventure. Your Captain, Kerry Lopez, is recognised as the only female Captain that owns and skippers a whale watching venture in the South Pacific rim. Her skilled and dedicated friendly crew will assure you an unforgettable whale watching adventure. As an Eco Accredited Company, we believe that providing people with an opportunity to witness these amazing creatures first-hand, not only puts a lot of smiles on guests faces but offers an increased awareness of the beauty of nature and the need to nurture our precious wildlife.
Self-drive departs from Redcliffe Jetty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tours operate daily (weather permitting) departing from Redcliffe Jetty with guests invited to board at 9:00 am for a 10:00 am departure, and returning at 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm.
Each year from June through until early November, the mighty southern humpback whales grace us with their beauty as they migrate through the crystal clear waters of South East Queensland. Each and every tour is a unique experience and sightings vary from day to day. Whilst the humpback whales are the stars of the show, a typical tour may encounter pods of dolphins leaping and playing alongside our magnificent vessel as well as an array of other marine life.
Dress warmly and wear flat shoes. If you wish to spend time on the outside decks of our vessel, you may like to wear a light waterproof wind jacket.
Yes – a licensed bar and souvenir counter are available onboard, selling a range of goods such as film, confectionery, beverages and merchandise.
Yes – we offer a complimentary cruise for you on the next available departure if you don’t sight any whales on your day of travel.
The tours are always subject to sea conditions. Our team constantly monitors weather and respond professionally to any changes. Guest comfort and safety is always our priority. Should a cruise be cancelled due to tide and/or weather conditions, a seat on the next available cruise will be offered or a full refund will be given.
MV Eye-Spy has been purpose-built to specifications to ensure maximum comfort for whale watching. However, should you if you are susceptible to motion or seasickness, motion-sickness tablets are available onboard.
Yes – there is an all-day free car park located opposite the Redcliffe Police Station, just 100 metres north of the Redcliffe Jetty which is our departure point.
- All cruises are subject to tide, weather conditions and minimum numbers and may be changed without notice due to conditions of the day
- The operator reserves the right to substitute vessels and/or skippers and crew and shall not be liable for death/injury to any persons or loss or damage to property due to persons' negligence
- Should a cruise be cancelled by the Operator, a seat on the next available cruise will be offered or a full refund given
- The operator guarantees sightings and offers a complimentary cruise on the next available departure if you don't sight any whales on your day of travel
- Guests with health problems or who are pregnant must notify the operator, and a medical document will be required from a registered doctor or midwife confirming clearance to travel
- Boarding commences at 9.00 am for a 10.00 am departure
Should a passenger cancel, the following fees apply:
- Notice received more than 24 hours in advance, 50% refund given
- Less than 24 hours' notice or failure to board, 100% of the fare is payable.
Reviews for Brisbane Whale Watching Adventure
Get Instant Confirmation