- 2-day, 1-night tour
- Pickup and drop-off
- Expert driver and eco guide
- 1 night camping accommodation
- Meals (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner)
- Cooloola National Park tour
- Pre-arranged camping and vehicle fees
- Green campfire at night
- Night activities and starlight swim
Where We Visit
- Lake McKenzie
- Lake Wabby
- Central Station Rainforest
- Wangoolba Creek
- Rainbow Beach
- Maheno Shipwreck
- Eli Creek
- Fraser Island Research and Learning Centre (located in Dilli Village)
- 75-Mile Beach
- National park and ferry fees ($30 per person per day, payable on day of departure)
- Gold Coast pickup and return (additional $100 per person)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Fraser Island is a must-visit destination while in Queensland. This warm, sunny spot is the world's largest sand island, making it a popular destination for locals and visitors alike. This 2-day, 1-night camping tour will showcase the very best that Fraser Island has to offer, from beautiful scenery to wildlife to outdoor activities and more.
Prepare to be picked up between 6 am and 11 am, depending on your starting location. Then, you will make your way north past the Glasshouse Mountains, Caloundra and the Sunshine Coast to the Noosa RiverFerry and Cooloola CoastBeach (tides permitting). Then, it's time for a guided 4WD to Double Island Point. You will have a chance to snap some photos of Point Lighthouse and the coloured sand cliffs of Rainbow Beach before taking a break for a picnic lunch of fruit, salad, meat, rolls or wraps, and cold drinks. Then, it's time for your ferry cruise to Frasier Island, with a brief stop at Fraser Island lookout on the way.
As you cruise to Fraser Island, look out for beautiful views of Tin Can Bay, Fraser Island's west coast and Hervey Bay. You may also get the chance to spot dolphins, turtles, dugong, sharks, eagles, sea birds and fish. Once you arrive at Fraser Island, you will head to the world heritage-listed area of Fraser Island National Park. There, you will be led on an informative tour where you will learn all about the history and culture of the area.
After that, it's time for an adventure as you 4WD along the island's 75 Mile Surf Beach, looking out for dingoes, kangaroos and whales (in season) as you drive. Continue along the beach to Govi Creek, where you will have free time to swim in Govi Waterhole and then on to even more swimming at Lake Wabby, the deepest lake on Fraser Island. You will also get the chance to check out Eli Creek, and the Maheno Shipwreck. Throughout your 4WD, you will spot all sorts of historical sites, wildlife and natural scenery.
Finally, head to your chosen accommodation for the night. Once there, get settled in, freshen up if needed, and join your tour group for dinner. Afterwards, you will have some free time to explore the surrounding areas or just relax.
Rise nice and early to witness the wonderful sunrise over the ocean. If you'd like, you can take a walk or a hike before breakfast. Afterwards, spend some time at one of Fraser Island's many lakes, where you can take a dip in the water, soak up the sun, take some photographs or search for wildlife. Then, it's time to explore Central Station Rainforest and Picabeen Palms. While there, you will see giant King Ferns and the clear waters of Wanggoolba Creek.
You will also have the opportunity to hike through Pile Valley and Satinay Forest, home to rows and rows of Syncarpia hillii trees, before making your way to the soft, white sand beaches of Lake McKenzie. After some time here, it's time to say goodbye to Fraser Island, returning to your original destination via Hook Point. You will return between 2 pm and 6 pm depending on your end location.
This tour is 2 days and 1 night. It departs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
FREE Pick-up and Return from ANY of the following locations:
- Depart Brisbane City 6.45am - Bus Stop 125, Roma St - opposite Qld Police Headquarters - Return 6pm
- Depart Caboolture 7.30am - BP Service Station Hwy - Returns 6pm
- Depart Sunshine Coast Uni 8am - 90 Sippy Downs Dve - Return 5pm
- Depart Caloundra 8.15am - Cooma Tce - Return 5pm
- Depart Mooloolaba 8.30am - Mooloolaba Bowls Club, Brisbane Road - Return 5.15pm
- Depart Noosa 9am - Noosa Information Centre - Return 3-5pm
- Depart Gympie 10am - Matilda Road House Bruce Hwy - Return 3-4pm
- Depart Rainbow Beach 11am - Surf Life Saving Club - Return 2-4pm