- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- 90-minute guided adventure discovering Broome's colourful history & incredible scenery
- Cruise through Roebuck Bay & disembark at the WWII Plane wrecks to explore them up close
- Enjoy hot tea, coffee & pastries while you take in the natural surroundings
- Experienced crew sharing informative & entertaining commentary
- Convenient return transfers from selected Broome accommodation
WWII Plane Wreck Tour - BroomeBroome's colourful history and scenery will be on display as you cruise Roebuck Bay to explore the wrecks of the World War II Flying Boats
What to Expect
Learn the history of the World War II Catalina and Dornea Flying Boats as you discover the wrecks of these planes that remain on the seafloor. Cruise through picturesque Roebuck Bay as you experience first-hand Broome's phenomenal tidal movement, the 4th highest in the world.
Jump aboard this 90-minute fully guided exploration of Roebuck Bay and Broome's historical remnants on a shallow draft boat, ideal for disembarking directly at the World War II plane wrecks to discover what remains of them in the beautiful bay. Broome's huge tidal range has these wrecks exposed only 23 times per year. Discover the history of the planes and the attacks that led to their demise, and the loss of many lives, in the second World War.
Roebuck Bay, a heritage-listed marine park, also has an incredibly diverse ecosystem and its extensive seagrass meadows are home to a myriad of marine life. As you cruise through the bay, you may be lucky enough to spot turtles, rays, sharks and even the resident Snubfin dolphins.
Enjoy hot coffee, tea and pastries while you take in the natural beauty of the Kimberley Coastline before being returned back to your accommodation. Please allow up to 3.5 hours for the total tour duration including transfers.
Where We Visit
- Roebuck Bay
Frequently Asked Questions
As part of our environmental management plan, we have stopped using single-use plastic water bottles. Please bring your own reusable drink bottle, or we have aluminium drink bottles available to purchase at our merchandise shop. We have plenty of iced water to top up your bottles at our venue and on the boat. Bring your wallet as there is an onsite bar with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase, coffee, as well as a selection of gifts and keepsake items from our merchandise shop.
Booties or reef shoes are essential on all of our tours. You can either bring your own or you can purchase them or hire them from us. This can be done at the time of booking your tour online, or on the day of your tour from our merchandise shop. You could also wear old sneakers however you will be wading through shin-deep water so they will get wet and dirty!
It is recommended that you consider sun protection and wear covered shoulders, a hat and sunglasses for this reason. You may need a jacket during the cooler days.
Yes, you will get wet. You will be required to wade in water up to your shins for short distances and there may be some ocean spray depending on the wind conditions and direction.
A moderate level of fitness and mobility is required. There are multiple large steps to embark/ disembark the vessel with a handrail on one side. There will be two walking distances of up to 500m involved, over solid tidal flats. Wading in shin-deep water may be required for short distances.
- Tours are very tidal dependant & the departure times vary each day
- Moderate level of fitness & mobility required
- Booties or reef shoes are compulsory on this tour so please either bring your own or you will need to hire or purchase them from The Operator
- Tours are subject to minimum numbers & weather conditions in order to operate
- All participants are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Cancellations within 48 hours prior to departure will be subject to 100% cancellation fees
- For groups of 7 or more, cancellations within 7 days prior to departure will be subject to 100% cancellation fees
- Any cancellations outside of these times will be fully refundable
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely