- Get up to $15 cash back per person when you book with us
- Join one of Byron Bay's most popular leisure snorkels
- Swim with sea turtles, manta rays and tropical fish
- Full equipment hire (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit) included in price
- Complimentary snorkel lesson in a heated training pool
- Exhilerating boat ride to Julian Rocks
- Professional snorkel guide for the duration of your tour
- Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site
What to Expect
Looking to see Byron Bay's coastline from a new perspective?
Book your spot today on this popular daily snorkelling trip to Julian Rocks. Enjoy the diversity and colour found in the reserve’s clear shallow waters, with this snorkel trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve including a boat ride, equipment hire (mask, snorkel, fins and wetsuit) and a free snorkel lesson (if required).
Perfect for those looking for something easier than a dive, this snorkel tour will allow you to swim alongside friendly sea turtles, wobbegong sharks, graceful rays and an abundance of colourful fish in the waters off Byron Bay. This snorkel site combines marine life found in the deep Southern Ocean as well as that found in the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef! Julian Rocks is a snorkel site you do not want to miss. Create memories that will last a lifetime and don’t forget your camera!
Whilst snorkelling, you are supervised by qualified dive staff who will ensure you get the most from your trip to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve. Upon your return to the dive shop, you can have a hot shower before the dive crew helps you identify the creatures you saw, and head home with an abundance of new knowledge, photos and memories.
All snorkel participants must be able to swim (minimum age of 5 years) and be comfortable in the water.
Thia tour offers free snorkel lessons in an on-site heated pool to those without a lot of experience or wanting to get acquainted with the equipment before heading out to Julian Rocks. These lessons start 30 minutes prior to the meeting time, please advise if you would like to book in.
All customers with no prior snorkelling experience will be required to complete the snorkel lesson prior to the tour commencing. Failure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour for this lesson will result in you not being able to participate, no refund will be given.
For all other participants, please arrive at your scheduled check-in time at 9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any equipment of your own e.g. underrwater camera
The tour offers a free snorkel lesson in an on-site heated training pool for anyone that has not snorkelled before. This lesson starts 30 minutes prior to your tour check-in time and is required for anyone without any snorkelling experience.
The tour takes approx. 3 hours from start to finish, with 1 hour in the water snorkelling. The time before the snorkelling is made up of completing paperwork, a snorkel tour briefing, equipment gear-up, bus ride to the beach and boat ride to the snorkel site. The time after the snorkelling consists of the boat ride back to the beach and bus ride back to the dive centre where there are hot showers and changing areas.
Yes, the tour requires all participants to wear a wetsuit for the duration of the snorkel tour. They have a range of different sizes in both long (5mm thick) and short (5mm thick) varieties.
Yes, the tour has a range of prescription masks for prescriptions ranging from -2 to -6. Unfortunately, they do not have masks with + prescriptions, however, you are able to wear contact lenses with standard masks.
Sea turtles that are resident to Julian Rocks can be seen all year around! There is no time of the day when they are more active, and the tour commonly has sightings on all our tour times. The tour cannot 100% guarantee a turtle sighting, but it is very unlikely to not see one!
9 Marvell Street, Byron Bay.
Unfortunately, there is no one type of weather or sea condition that would result in cancellations. The safety and operations of the tour is based on a mixture of variables which include; swell height and direction, wind speed and direction, current strength at Julian Rocks and the probability of thunderstorms.
The average water temperature at Julian Rocks in the summer months is between 22°C to 27°C and in the winter months, it is between 18°C to 23°C.
Parking in Byron Bay town centre is now paid ($4 per hour), there is a four-hour car park directly behind the dive centre and all day parking on Marvell Street.
If you would like to hire an underwater camera for your tour please arrive 10 minutes prior to your arrival time to organise this (please note camera hires are subject to availability and require a credit card).
- Please note that this tour operates on NSW daylight savings time (between October to April each year NSW are 1 hour ahead of Queensland).
- Please arrive on time at the scheduled check-in time. If you arrive after the scheduled meeting time then you may miss your tour and unfortunately, no refunds or reschedules can be given.
- Please allow additional travelling time for traffic when travelling as Byron Bay can be very busy.
- Please note, that all snorkel tour participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Please let the tour know if you have any medical conditions or have had any recent medical procedures that they need to be aware of that can be affected by strenuous physical activity e.g. asthma, heart conditions, lung disorders, COVID-19.
- The tour has a 48 hour cancellation policy. This means that if you need to cancel or reschedule your booking for any reason, The Supplier needs to know 48 hours before the activity is due to commence.
- If a cancellation or reschedule is made after that time, the tour charges a 100% cancellation fee. If this is a problem, please contact The Supplier immediately.
- Please note that all tours are subject to suitable sea and weather conditions, in the event of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions the tour will give you as much notice as possible.
Reviews for Snorkel Tour Of Julian Rocks Marine Reserve
Get Instant Confirmation